Anybody use any KODIAK implements?

Help Support CattleToday:

cmf1

Reaction score
I was looking for a 10' pull behind to clip my pastures and spread the seed heads with. Everything was way $$high. Found a deal on a KODIAK HD 10' brand new cheaper by far than 7s and 8s of most of the brands I've known about. Never seen them before, but, good googly moogly, what a monster this thing is.
Is all there stuff built like this? And have you found them to wear well?

Literature says "minimum hp 42-45. Also says 1790 lbs.
It is a pull type which I guess cuts down on the horsepower req., but I don't think I would pull it with less than 50-55.
I'll be pulling it with my Kubota m6800 4wd and I think It's around 70-72.
I was just shocked to see the quality of the cutter having never heard any thing about the brand. This thing is tough!
Get it all greased up tomorrow and I'll let you know how it cuts and handles.

kenny thomas":39c3yjkw said:
How much HP does it take to run a 10ft. I have been thinking about one.
I would reccomend at least 65-70hp for a 10ft, I have a Bush hog brand 8ft and I have pulled it with my 170 allis just to get into a tight space that the cab tractors wouldn't go and it is all that the 170 wants and it is 54 pto hp
alot also depends on the brush hog I had a woods 15ft that pulls alot easier than my bush hog brand because it doesn't weigh nearly as much
I sold it to a guy who pulls it with a 656 IH and has no problem but it is a lot lighter than the bush hog

cmf1":3k66tbkq said:
Literature says "minimum hp 42-45. Also says 1790 lbs.
It is a pull type which I guess cuts down on the horsepower req., but I don't think I would pull it with less than 50-55.
I'll be pulling it with my Kubota m6800 4wd and I think It's around 70-72.
I was just shocked to see the quality of the cutter having never heard any thing about the brand. This thing is tough!
Get it all greased up tomorrow and I'll let you know how it cuts and handles.

CMF1, I think your 6800 is 62 pto hp, same as mine. I've pulled the 10 ft Rhino cutter (TW120) without any problems at all. It does help to start the pto/cutter slow and then bring the rpms up.

Well I drug it around about 6-7 acres yesterday for its' maiden voyage and all I can tell you is do not fear the KODIAK name if you're not familiar with it. This thing is tough and pulls like a dream. No way too much for my 6800 and just rock solid. I'm thinking me and it are gonna be buds for a while. I feathered it into gear and probably will continue to, but it did'nt feel like I had to. And I will probably edge the blades a little more cause I will be doing more clipping than hogging, but after one run I'm pretty well liking it.

Latest posts