anybody try elastomeric roof coating for a leaky trough?

Help Support CattleToday:

I talked with a nice gal at 3M a while back about a leaking stock tank. I have a couple fish in mine.

She informed me, that they dont have ANYTHING approved for my application in the production of livestock or fish.

I used a good boat sealant. Seems to be holding

guy at the hardware store said he used it in his troughs, I am about done with this trough, the seams blew out a while back. had a "discussion" with the other half (to be fair, he is the one doing the work on it) and he went with the hardware guy's recommendation. I was pushing for "as seen on tv" flex seal tape and/or paint. stuff has worked great on my old swimming pool.

I used the spray on Flex Seal on a leaking water tank seam last year and it's still holding water. No leaks.

Had a cracked toilet tank... 25 yrs old... can't find another one anywhere, didn't want to replace the entire toilet (holy cow, those suckers are way more expensive than I'd remembered!). Dried it out good, sprayed a couple of layers of FlexSeal on the entire inside of the tank... that was probably 5 years ago... still not leaking. knock on wood.

guy at the hardware store said he used it in his troughs, I am about done with this trough, the seams blew out a while back. had a "discussion" with the other half (to be fair, he is the one doing the work on it) and he went with the hardware guy's recommendation. I was pushing for "as seen on tv" flex seal tape and/or paint. stuff has worked great on my old swimming pool.
We just used the flex seal tape on a trough with a plug that won't re-seal. A strip of tape inside and outside have sealed the drain hole, no leaksđź‘Ť

Latest posts