Anybody seen this supposed hay replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

Nope, it sounds weird though. I couldn't find a price on the site, were you able to find one?

What is the consumption rate?
The average cow will eat approximately 25 lbs. per day…..that averages out to $2 per cow per day for a 150 day feeding season. But you don't have to buy anything else to feed your herd, CPM Super-P is an all-in-one feed and replaces hay, and supplements including all the vitamins and trace minerals needed.

How big is the bale and what does it weigh?
Our bale is 24"x24"x 48" and each bale comes with a stamped guaranteed average weight of approximately 600 pounds.

How does it get to me?
CPM Super-P can be delivered to you on a flatbed trailer or you can pick it up at the plant in Cuthbert, Georgia. It comes with four bales on a pallet. If you need us to off load for you we can bring a piggyback. Cost of delivery is $3.00, one way, (FOB Cuthbert, GA) per mile. We can load 23 tons with a piggyback or 25 tons without a piggyback. (FOB pricing is subject to change).

I figure it at about $160 a ton plus shipping

ANAZAZI, this is as much as I could find.

Product Summary· Cotton Plant Material (CPM) Base

· Increased Protein Content (minimum of 13.5%, as opposed to 8% or 9% for traditional hay)

· Fortified with additional vitamins and minerals (Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfur, Cobalt, Copper, Manganese, Selenium, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E)

· Molasses Based Additive Increases Palatability

Due to continual product improvements, please see product tag for more specific information regarding nutritional value.

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Anybody seen this supposed hay replacement
by RiverSide Cattle on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 pm

What is the consumption rate?
The average cow will eat approximately 25 lbs. per day…..that averages out to $2 per cow per day for a 150 day feeding season.

Based on what you are telling us the estimated cost per cow would be $3.12.5 per day instead of $2 as posted. That would be at the quoted price of $160 per ton. That would raise the cost per cow to $468.75 each on a 150 day feeding period vs. $300 per cow as posted. Also, that price is without freight charges. If a cow eats more than 25 lbs. per day on average the cost could be well over $500 per cow?

Circle H Ranch

Looks like it's probably some of that ground "gin trash", aka cotton burrs with molasses included to stick it together along with vitamins and minerals. Cows love cottonburrs so this product probably will do exactly what they advertise it to do.

Latest posts