Anybody need Cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
At Wednesdays auction about 100 bred cows sold two small dispersals. Bred for March-April calving, preged and aged.
Most were weighed and sold for kill 50-55 a pound, lots of young black cows. No grass and not much hay through most of MN.

:mad:

Which auction? I am looking to add about a dozen by fall, if I can find some...

Michele

We were thinking we had enough hay to buy extras this year. That was before we started feeding hay the first week of July :roll:
Guy who runs sale barn in Pierz, and has for years, said this is just the beginning.....

Pierz is a way for me... I'd like to know when some may be coming into Zumbrota or Lanesboro...

Would especially like TB testing done so I wouldn't have to leave them for 3 days since they'd be going to Wisconsin.

If either of you know about some good solid commercial cows... PM with info, I would appreciate it!

Michele

mitch2, The TB is part of the problem I think. ND has lots of grass and hay. Cows got to be tested and vaccinated coming from MN.

Motley, Tri County Auction. http://www.cattle-hay.com Aug 15 sale

More bred cows will sell next Wed.

They also announced a 2500 head new crop calves coming off pasture. For Wed auction. It's early for the big runs.

Calves are running 10 -20 dollars below a year ago.

Latest posts