anybody missing a longhorn down galveston way?

Help Support CattleToday:

anything but a laughing matter...I feel terriably for those poor people down there..not to mention the countless domestic animals

Count me as a third that doesn't see what the big deal is. That cow looks like 90% of the Longhorns I've ever seen.

Beefiness aint their strong suit.

TNMasterBeefProducer, lately I've tried not to get too involved in controversy on this board, but I have just about had it with you "better than thou" attitude.

I, too, see nothing wrong with this Longhorn cow. I'm sure she hasn't had much to eat in the last few days, but she is fairing better than 75% of the livestock in that region.

Since you feel so bad for the cow, I have a few questions for you.

Have you offered to send hay to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to send fencing supplies to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to send feed to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to make a donation to the livestock producers in Texas or Louisiana?

Remember, you reap what you sow, whether it be that you don't see a need to help when the help is needed or that you seem to find humor in the difficult situations of others.

Beefy":ujbt3ud6 said:
i dont get it. the longhorn doesnt even look bad.

Looks pretty dang normal for a longorn type to me. But the picture still tells a story. My deepest regards to the folks around the Texas Gulf. I know what it feels like. Wish I could afford the diesel to haul my horses and dogs to you, and help yall get your herds back together.

Farm wife you better be careful, ttclm opps i mean tenn master b'ser will run crying to Macon if you pick on him. any one have the icon for a crying towel for the bs'er???

But you are absolutly right and he knows it proof is his lack of a smart remark in response to your EXCELLENT job of taking him to task! :tiphat:

Just in case anyone would like to help those affected by Hurricane Ike (copied from another thread):

This article ran in one of the local papers this weekend......

Livestock also affected by Ike
Eddie Baggs: Livestock also affected by Ike

03:03 PM CDT on Saturday, September 20, 2008

Eddie Baggs When Hurricane Ike passed through Chambers and Jefferson counties, it also took fences with it. Leaving an estimated 20,000 head of displaced cattle and horses.

Those animals that survived the storm and floodwaters are now searching for fresh water and forage.

Most of the fresh water sources were taken over by seawater as a result of swells that reached 20 feet. Bales of hay are now being set alongside some farm-to-market roads in those counties where livestock are known to be roaming and searching for food.

Relief efforts are being coordinated by many state and local agencies as part of the Texas Department of Public Safety's Governor's Division of Emergency Management.

But, there is a great need for hay, water troughs, feed stocks such as range cubes, and cash contributions to help keep these animals alive.

Contact sites have been established for those who can help.

To make a tax-deductible cash or credit card donation, please call 979-845-2604 or visit http://agrilifeevents.tamu.edu and follow the prompts to "No Fences" Hurricane Ike Horse and Cattle Relief.

To make a donation of hay, feed, water troughs, transportation or other in-kind donations, call the Texas Department of Agriculture's Hay Hotline at 877-429-1998 or 1-800-835-5832 and press zero.

EDDIE BAGGS, county extension agent with the Texas AgriLife Extension Service in Denton County, can be reached at 940-349-2880.Texas Gal

farmwife":wwnus0zg said:
TNMasterBeefProducer, lately I've tried not to get too involved in controversy on this board, but I have just about had it with you "better than thou" attitude.

I, too, see nothing wrong with this Longhorn cow. I'm sure she hasn't had much to eat in the last few days, but she is fairing better than 75% of the livestock in that region.

Since you feel so bad for the cow, I have a few questions for you.

Have you offered to send hay to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to send fencing supplies to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to send feed to Texas or Louisiana?
Have you offered to make a donation to the livestock producers in Texas or Louisiana?

Remember, you reap what you sow, whether it be that you don't see a need to help when the help is needed or that you seem to find humor in the difficult situations of others.

I don't know about TMBP but I sent down a few 5x5 round bales right after the hurricane went through. Our local extension office coordinated it by having pick-up points at different farms through the county. One point was very close by me so it was no problem to load up a few round bales and tote them over. Local flat bed truckers volunteered to pick up the bales and take them down. I'm not sure who got my hay but I think it went to Texas. I hope it helps out an unfortunate farmer who lost his hay. Maybe one day I'll need to be on the recieving end of that type of help.

The real problem for those cattle is a lack of drinking water. Many will become very ill & die. The whole situation is very tragic.

Oh goodness. Tea spat on the keyboard and computer screen again. You'd think I'd know better than to drink tea and read this forum by now.

backhoeboogie":3gflt3mp said:
Oh goodness. Tea spat on the keyboard and computer screen again. You'd think I'd know better than to drink tea and read this forum by now.

Now that's funny!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Apparently TNMasterBeefProducer has changed his tune. He has posted a couple of comments in the CoffeeShop on the Pics from So. La Ike thread stating his bad feelings for those affected by Ike.

I have sent him a PM to apologize for possibly offending him and further stating that I can't see LOL about the dire situation.

Latest posts