Anybody here played pro

Help Support CattleToday:

For all these years I have been trying to be modest. Didn't want to act like a bigshot. But since you asked I will tell you who I really am. I am best known as "Baby Budda Sweet Cheeks". I know, I know, I should have said something sooner. Everyone just gets so passionate about their Midget Mud Wresteling I didn't want y'all to feel like you had to treat me like the Hall of Fame mud wrestler I am. Well now y'all know. I feel better now that I got that off my tiny chest.

Isomade":3tevuwvi said:
For all these years I have been trying to be modest. Didn't want to act like a bigshot. But since you asked I will tell you who I really am. I am best known as "Baby Budda Sweet Cheeks". I know, I know, I should have said something sooner. Everyone just gets so passionate about their Midget Mud Wresteling I didn't want y'all to feel like you had to treat me like the Hall of Fame mud wrestler I am. Well now y'all know. I feel better now that I got that off my tiny chest.

I knew it! I could tell that you are an out of the ordinary kind of guy : )

I attended a training camp for the arena football league. It was 1997 I believe. I wasn't real interested. It worked out great. They weren't real interested in me either. You couldn't have lived on what they were paying then, so I wouldn't call that pro even if I had made it. My wife has an uncle in the hall of fame. I doubt he would want me advertising for him here. He's in this weekend. It got me thinking. He tells a story about playing college ball against Dan Blocker. He played Hoss on bonanza. I find that more interesting than football now days.

Bigfoot":2hvv54pb said:
I attended a training camp for the arena football league. It was 1997 I believe. I wasn't real interested. It worked out great. They weren't real interested in me either. You couldn't have lived on what they were paying then, so I wouldn't call that pro even if I had made it. My wife has an uncle in the hall of fame. I doubt he would want me advertising for him here. He's in this weekend. It got me thinking. He tells a story about playing college ball against Dan Blocker. He played Hoss on bonanza. I find that more interesting than football now days.

Dan is/was my cousin does that count.

My Daddy played some semi Pro baseball back when I was a baby..long long time ago..local stuff that was sponsored by local businesses....I remember that he was a Catcher....

I didn't inherit his athletic bent or never had enough interest....

I have an uncle who pitched in the minors. He made it to AAA ball. A second cousin who played defensive tackle for Denver back in the 60's or 70's. He was second string and hung around long enough to get the pension. A first cousin who was the number one high school All-American running back, but his knees didn't make it through college ball. So he was delivering Pepsi last I heard.

Caustic Burno":37gyevg6 said:
Bigfoot":37gyevg6 said:

Dan is/was my cousin does that count.
I would think that should count for something.

Jogeephus":2cx8jjpz said:
I would have played pro basketball but I couldn't jump. :mrgreen:
I understand that. I would have been a really good baseball player except I couldn't hit the ball, couldn't catch it, and couldn't throw either. To tell the truth I didn't even like baseball. Maybe my attitude was wrong. :?

As a kid I was slow and clumbsy.....Late Bloomer....

As a young adult no one wanted to play catch with me cause I threw the ball too hard and hit it too far....

Coaching little league and trying to show 8 and 9 year olds how to turn a double play the other coaches did not want to catch my throw across the infield. head coach swore I broke his hand.

First wife tried to teach me how to play tennis but no one would play with me because I hit the ball too hard.

One season. Well, really it was just college ball..... well, maybe it was intermurals. :mrgreen: But we had a QB that had played backup QB at Arkansas. My gosh he had a rocket for an arm. I don't know how the professional receivers do it day in and day out. I think I still have fingers that are jammed from that dude.

It almost became standard procedure to let the opponent attempt to pick it off, and then try to catch the deflection off of them. :oops:

pdfangus":2qyh3jjo said:
As a kid I was slow and clumbsy.....Late Bloomer....

As a young adult no one wanted to play catch with me cause I threw the ball too hard and hit it too far....

Coaching little league and trying to show 8 and 9 year olds how to turn a double play the other coaches did not want to catch my throw across the infield. head coach swore I broke his hand.

First wife tried to teach me how to play tennis but no one would play with me because I hit the ball too hard.

Mine was just the opposite no long ball, played all the way through school second base and center field mainly.
I had good wheels and arm just no distance with the bat.
Had a he!! of batting average it was all Texas league single's and double's, never hit a home run in my life.
Everytime I got to where I could get it to the fence the next year I would move up and I would shrink and the field got bigger. The last move the field was 305 down the line and 335 dead away center, might as well have been Yellowstone.

I played semi pro baseball until I was almost 50. While in my 30`s and 40`s I played major class softball and played with and against some of the best softball players in the world. A lot of X pro baseball players and X pro and college football players on the teams I played with and against. Guys with their names on bats made by Worth Sports and TPS. Many really good athletes and a few thugs.

Circle H Ranch