Anybody have a Dozer ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
The last year or so, we have been thinking about buying a dozer to clean up some property that we have. Yesterday we bought a 1995 Komatsu D31P-20 dozer. The dozer is a 1 onwer, 3700 hours, 24" tracks and comes with a rook rake attachment for the blade. Pins are tight, no leaks, a real tight machine and well kept. It started right up Saturday morning when it was in low 20s temp.

Anybody have an thoughts on a Komatsu D31P ?

Yep i got a dozer. Whats the weight and horsepower on the D31-20? Komatsu is pretty much a name brand machine anymore. Komatsu made one dozer that was the same as a TD8 Dresser. Best money i ever made with a dozer was with a TD8E Dresser. Was cheap to buy and cheap to run.

RedBull, I believe the Komatsu D31P is 75 hp and weighs around 16k lbs. The owner added a full custom made expanded metal cage on both sides and the back of the canopy to protect from limbs. He also added an extension along the top of the blade made of heavy 6" pipe to keep trees from popping over the top of the blade.

When we get it home I will post pictures.

They are a good little finish dozer shouldn't give ya much problems

I have had several Komatsu's and liked all of them only thing anymore is they(not just Komatsu but cat as well) put to much HP to the ground for the traction they have
just remember that everytime you spin the tracks you will take an 1/2hrs life off of them

likeI said before they are a good FINISH machine and should work well for pushing brush and clearing fence rows

goodluck

I'm not too familiar with Komatsus, but they seem to be the (small) dozer of choice around here. Wish I had one.

A big AMEN on the Dresser TD8-E. I had a TD7-E for several years, and replaced it with a Cat D3 . Big mistake. The Dresser could work circles around the Cat, and was much easier to operate.

Latest posts