Anybody got a NH 499 haybine?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have one but, I know people that have . What I've heard is that when the hydraulic oil heats up the thing starts to slow down . They are not real popular around here . That's what I've heard, for what it's worth .

Larry

Thanks for the replies. If anybody else wants to chime in with what they know about the 499, I would be grateful. Thanks.

we had a 499 for 6 years . Sold it to buy a hesston diskbine. I have never heard a bad word about the 499's. Just thought I needed a diskbine. Usually the only thing wrong with the 499 was the nut behind the wheel. Read the op manual and use it and make mistakes and learn from them. A good machine. The diskbine is nice too,but quite a bit faster. Depends on what your fields are like. Rocks are not for diskbines. 499 , alot more forgiving in rocky-gopher hill ground. good luck

We used a 85hp JD @4.5 mph no problem. Used on very hot days and never experenced any hydraulic problems.

I don't have one but, I know people that have . What I've heard is that when the hydraulic oil heats up the thing starts to slow down . They are not real popular around here . That's what I've heard, for what it's worth .

Larry

littlefarmer":1v55eup5 said:
We used a 85hp JD @4.5 mph no problem. Used on very hot days and never experenced any hydraulic problems.

We used our 499 in very hot temps too. It never slowed down. The only thing I can think of why it would slow down is if you are in very heavy crop that is laying down or if for some reason the hydraulic oil is low in the arm. It could also be the type of oil used too. Anyway we've had a 499 for 12-13 years and the only problem we had was the bearing on the hexigon shaft. But that wasn't the machines fault, the dealer told us to grease it every 10 hours when it should be every 100 hours. The manual didn't have nothing about it in it. We run ours with a JD 4010 (80hp).

Latest posts