Anybody ever...

Help Support CattleToday:

Victoria":335kfr17 said:
I raised an orphan that I decided to train to ride. She was pretty good. I was training her to turn by touch. Then she got sick on me. Ended up being diagnosed with a heart problem and I lost her. :(

Sorry to hear that. It sucks big time to lose them. This is the situation i'm looking too with an orphan i thought i'd have fun with. i'd like to hear more about how you worked with her if you care to share.

i use to ride the milk cows as my grandparents would walk to the milk lot.. the cows would come down from pasture like clock work at 3:00 for milking, stand in front of house waiting for us to come to grainrey and go to lot for milking.. grandpa would set me up on one and we'd all go across the field to the lot.. i guess he figured that way he wouldnt have to carry me to keep me from getting stepped on. my grandma would fuss all the way...lol
i have rode a hog we had.. it was all fun till she went in the barn which had a small door cut out big enough for her but not tall enough for me..

Miss Daisy":1tld1vti said:
Victoria":1tld1vti said:
I raised an orphan that I decided to train to ride. She was pretty good. I was training her to turn by touch. Then she got sick on me. Ended up being diagnosed with a heart problem and I lost her. :(

Sorry to hear that. It sucks big time to lose them. This is the situation i'm looking too with an orphan i thought i'd have fun with. i'd like to hear more about how you worked with her if you care to share.

Sorry Miss Daisy, I forgot about this thread. :oops:

Angel was really easy to train. She was just one of those willing to please kind of animals. I started by doing a basic halter training on her. I would sit on her when she was laying down and get her used to seeing my feet on either side of her. Finally I climbed on. I then waited until her herd had gone to the other end of the field and climbed on and she naturally wanted to go to the herd so I got her used to steering. I always had something for her at the other end of where I wanted her to go. At this point she died on me so we didn't get further than that. They can be fun to train. I've trained horses too and found Angel to be a lot nicer and a lot faster.