Anybody ever used a tiller like this one?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I got this attachment and it fit perfectly on my Husky weed wacker. It was late fall when I bought it and have never used it yet. Will I be able to plow my garden with this?

s3Yxvlb.jpg

elBZuG1.jpg

eJZVDR6.jpg

Plow...I doubt. Cultivate...suppose that depends on the state of your soil. On tv they seem to work pretty good in a pile of compost.... :)

jltrent":115ok817 said:
I got this attachment and it fit perfectly on my Husky weed wacker. It was late fall when I bought it and have never used it yet. Will I be able to plow my garden with this?

s3Yxvlb.jpg

elBZuG1.jpg

eJZVDR6.jpg

You are a glutten for punishment :lol:

Ha, best tool ever for planting trees. Just hold it one spot for a minute then lift the soil out, repeat till the hole is big enough...

It will work fine, provided that the garden has already been worked. This is good for "cultivating" beds, dealing with weed sprouts, in soil that is not hard, packed etc.

No way would this till, as in break ground and till up hard ground.

Workinonit Farm":edarsbpp said:
This is good for "cultivating" beds, dealing with weed sprouts, in soil that is not hard, packed etc.
In the ground around here,you'd better be in the river bottom.Some of our rocks will kill a 5hp motor on a walk behind.
:D

JW IN VA":24nw6tmo said:
Workinonit Farm":24nw6tmo said:
This is good for "cultivating" beds, dealing with weed sprouts, in soil that is not hard, packed etc.
In the ground around here,you'd better be in the river bottom.Some of our rocks will kill a 5hp motor on a walk behind.
:D

break tiller chains and that's a pita to fix

Well I couldn't resist, I did try it out recently. It seems pretty heavy on the end of my weed eater, but in soil that has been plowed with no solid rocks or rocks of any size it will flat out dig. The weed eater head seems to have plenty of power and for small areas or preparing soil beds it works good.

A lot of good reviews at the bottom of the web site attached.

Watch the video in the lower left corner as the little lady does a good job with it....

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-Expan ... /100013409

For flower beds and loose or sandy soil. Same as the little 2cycle tillers.

Like some of my past girlfriends..........ok around the house but ya don't want to get out in the world with it.....
:hide:

(worked out because they thought the same about me)

Looks sort of like the Mantis tillers you see advertised. They turn fast, can jump 3 feet straight up sometimes but will definitely scratch up the ground.

Just finished wearing out a mantis. They work but are very unreliable. Spent a fortune having it rebuilt every year. I have gone to a new method of gardening. I till in everything I want in my soil in the fall and then in the spring I till just the rows with the mantis and plant. After everything is up I mulch heavily between the rows of peppers, and tomatoes with straw, the rest gets hoe'd continually to keep the weeds down. Keep in mind that I also row irrigate, so that keeps weeds down too since we are to dry here.

3waycross said:
Just finished wearing out a mantis. They work but are very unreliable. Spent a fortune having it rebuilt every year. I have gone to a new method of gardening. I till in everything I want in my soil in the fall and then in the spring I till just the rows with the mantis and plant. After everything is up I mulch heavily between the rows of peppers, and tomatoes with straw, the rest gets hoe'd continually to keep the weeds down. Keep in mind that I also row irrigate, so that keeps weeds down too since we are to dry here.

addendum...I am on the verge of being convinced to till overall even less as it supposedly destroys the deeper soil culture. Thinking more on the line of inoculants(such as mycorrhizal soil inoculants) that cause a better soil to develop. Not all plants benefit greatly from this but %95 do.

Best tiller you can get are made by howard. There are a few of the GEM models floating around in the U.S. here is mine, i was turning in a green crop.

https://youtu.be/IUUTSOkzAR4

Redgully said:
Best tiller you can get are made by howard. There are a few of the GEM models floating around in the U.S. here is mine, i was turning in a green crop.

https://youtu.be/IUUTSOkzAR4

Impressive.......

Latest posts