Anybody ever use one of these

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep.

First picture looks like a horse drawn planter. Second picture is a John Deere one row corn puller - I still have two of them.

The planter is still here because it had a thorn tree growing through it during all the scrap iron roundups.

The corn planter is still here also. Just a piece of family history. This past year my bull was using it for a rubbing post and the elevator fell off but it is still here.

The 3-row (open air, makes my skin crawl everytime I see this picture) combine belonged to my dad's cousin. First milo crop after the last corn.

Those were high-tech days.

I still have and use every year a corn picker just like that one. I need to find another one close to me for parts. I have mine so that it will just bearly pick corn for a few hours then work on it.

alabama":rutb2fe1 said:
I still have and use every year a corn picker just like that one. I need to find another one close to me for parts. I have mine so that it will just bearly pick corn for a few hours then work on it.

Yes Sir. That's the reason I have two, use one till it breaks and rob parts off the second. It does a pretty good job after you get all the yeller jackets out of it.

I know where there's one more in this part of the country. One of these days I'm goin' stop by and try to buy it. In fact it looks better than the one I'm usin' so maybe it will become the one I use and the other two for parts.

I still have an old JD horse drawn sickle mower, cultavator and two tomato setters. I'll see if I can get some pictures.

Latest posts