Anybody Else?

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Kids went back to school and the colds have started to come.
Got sick with a sore throat and a head cold last week.
Then Wednesday got another sore throat and ended up in bed all day yesterday with a fever and chills.
Finally felt well enough to get up today.

So is anybody else getting these colds or am I only lucky one? :D :D

Sounds more like a bout of strep throat. Truly a miserable few days if you get it. :frowns:

Missed the annual Harvest End Celebration at the local cafe last night. I just didn't want to pass what ever this crud is around. :frowns: :frowns:

Friends wife didn't believe my hubby that I was home sick so she called me and started to tell me about the margaritas and pina colata's and all the food and how I needed to get down there.
They felt so bad because I couldn't make it they sent hubby home with a whole roast from the barbeque.
Got some great friends. :D

I luv herfrds":28rta4t1 said:
Then Wednesday got another sore throat and ended up in bed all day yesterday with a fever and chills.

I've been pretty lucky the past couple of years when it comes to colds and flu. Knock on wood. Hope you get to feeling better.

I luv herfrds":23mvnyhi said:

Seems like by the second week of school all that crap is rampant. It's going around this area like crazy too.

hillsdown":261etx2h said:
Haven't been sick in over 3 years, not even a sniffle .. :D :banana:

TOUCH WOOD !!!!!! :help:

That's because it's too cold up dar for any of the germs!

Seems like a good place for one of my theories.

I reckon the cold virus and us have been trying to get together for a few million years to get a symbiotic relationship going. Now if that´s right then we are not going to find a cure for the common cold , or at least we don´t really want to.

Think about this. How do we clear the dust and dirt out of our lungs? We cough and we cough most when we have a cold and the final part of a cold is the coughing up of flem from deep in the lungs.You can feel it coming up and hear it too.

Now the early part of the cold virus is a head cold , sniffles and the sinuses run like a river. Where does it come from?The runny fluid I mean . Well I reckon its produced in the brain and is the brain cleaning out old memories and info not needed or reinforced any more. How else does the brain toss this stuff out ? There is a channel down the back near the spine that handles some I think. If it blocks on kids they get spinabiffida I was told.

I don´t travel around much and I find whenever I do go to places where there are lots of people I always get a cold. Sure as sugar is sweet. The air conditioning systems are spreading it around I reckon too but I don´t have any flue shots recommended by the Government. Jeez you would not know what they are likely to get to putting in it these days . Old age pensioners are advised to get them every year and every year those same pensioners cost the Government more and more . Conflict of interest there

if anyone knows any more on this please let me know.

cfpinz":3l7cretu said:
hillsdown":3l7cretu said:
Haven't been sick in over 3 years, not even a sniffle .. :D :banana:

TOUCH WOOD !!!!!! :help:

That's because it's too cold up dar for any of the germs!

I wish that was the case cf, but I think that me being a hermit has more to do with it. ;-)

I should have kept my bloody mouth shut though. Had dinner at friends on the weekend and their snotty/coughing 1 year old grandson was there. Woke up this morning with tonsils the size of watermelons. Really shytty time to get sick when I need to be a 24 hour nurse for at least 2 weeks. I wonder if a crap load of sambuca or drambuie would kill it before it really takes hold.

hillsdown":ad0olj9y said:
I wish that was the case cf, but I think that me being a hermit has more to do with it. ;-)

I should have kept my bloody mouth shut though. Had dinner at friends on the weekend and their snotty/coughing 1 year old grandson was there. Woke up this morning with tonsils the size of watermelons. Really shytty time to get sick when I need to be a 24 hour nurse for at least 2 weeks. I wonder if a crap load of sambuca or drambuie would kill it before it really takes hold.

Isn't the old saying starve a fever feed a cold or something like that? I say give it a go with the liquid diet, can't hurt and may help you keep from getting dehydrated. Remember, you will feel better in 7 days or a week regardless of what you do. :D