Anybody else like beet roots?

Help Support CattleToday:

Like them the same as I do those nasty brussels sprouts. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
(brussels sprouts do pretty good in a pvc gun tho..just the right size, pretty uniform diameter, and soft enough to seal off as they go flying down the barrel)

jltrent":3w0vldc0 said:
Started on another crop of beets. About six hours work and had 27 quarts sealed. A lot of work, but much better tasting than store bought. It was to hot to do anything outside today so got these done. The wife was off work, but had other things to do, so not much help there. I ran them through the canner/cooker on 5 lbs., so they would seal good and the juice would be cooked in good.
mpOLe6V.jpg

X7exnAU.jpg

pJF96wZ.jpg

iGLFRoJ.jpg

tKLaXTi.jpg

I admire your industrious nature but with all that food you are canning and preserving for the year do you feel any guilt in depriving DotGov of you tax dollars by not buying your food at Wallyworld?

I like beets, eggs and onions all pickled together, there really good for making a little noise. Eating foods because their healthy for you will cause you to miss out on some really good eating.

It boils down to what you buy in a can at the store after eating home grown, is at least to me, not nearly as good and border line terrible. I have two cans of sliced beets in a tin can that is getting tossed as they are terrible. I do cut the sugar back on the beets I make, but with soup beans and corn bread nothing better.

I probably could buy what I grow for close the same, especially figuring the hours in because putting a garden out is not cheap as from looking at Jogeephus garden post his is not cheap either. Some years I know I don't come out.

I do believe those beets are not bad for you as seems like when I do eat them energy level dose go up. The ones I make bout melt in your mouth, red all the way through and the syrup pressured in, they don't compare to tin can store bought. I have more out if they make it.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-ben ... beets.html

The most powerful health benefits of beets include its ability to lower blood pressure, prevent cancer, cleanse the liver, treat anemia, increase stamina, and boost libido. They also prevent macular degeneration, improve blood circulation, aid in skin care, prevent cataract, build immunity, and treat respiratory problems. These benefits of beetroots can be attributed to their richness in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.

We salt em and put a lil olive oil on them and put em on the grill in foil when grilling steaks

I LOVE BEETS.... the best way to eat them is as soon as they are boiled (before any seasoning) peal it and eat it like a potato.

My Mom would hard boil eggs and put them in the pickled beet juice after we'd eaten the beets. I have my Grandmother's recipe. Love 'em. My chiropractor is a big advocate of them. Says they decrease joint inflammation/arthritis.

Chocolate Cow2 said:
My Mom would hard boil eggs and put them in the pickled beet juice after we'd eaten the beets. I have my Grandmother's recipe. Love 'em. My chiropractor is a big advocate of them. Says they decrease joint inflammation/arthritis.
I have a couple of jars with juice left in them as I think I may try that....I agree on the decreased joint inflammation/arthritis as I believe they do help. Also it maybe the sugar in them as I don't put near what it calls for, but if I am feeling tired it seems a few beets do perk you up a little.

I bought three semi loads of beet roots this winter. It took about four days, but then the girls just loved them. They got very excited every time the loader tractor started up. Unfortunately, it snowed every other day so there was a lot of disappointment...

The things I have noticed are that beet roots are very good for hair, but they can easily over soften stools. Everything in moderation.

Stocker Steve said:
I bought three semi loads of beet roots this winter. It took about four days, but then the girls just loved them. They got very excited every time the loader tractor started up. Unfortunately, it snowed every other day so there was a lot of disappointment...

The things I have noticed are that beet roots are very good for hair, but they can easily over soften stools. Everything in moderation.

I bet you have some big healthy girls....

Latest posts