Anybody coon hunting?

Help Support CattleToday:

I toook out my redbone a week or two a go, I just got her in the midddle of July, and the first night out we treed not too far by an abandoned house on the edge of a corn field. it's still pretty hot and humid here AND we do have skeeters in my part of Ol Virginny!

Hunted them for years in the Trinty and Old and Lost river bottoms until old Bill died. He was a Black and Tan/ Redbone cross, tree coons all night and squirrels during the day. He was a once in a lifetime dog, when you got tired just blow the cow horn and he was coming in. If he sat down on a tree go to looking cause he was there. I lost old Bill when he was fourteen had to put him to sleep due to cancer I cried like a baby over that old hound. The last year or so he had gotten to old to hunt and I had a couple of young dogs I couldn't stand to leave him so he went with me on a leash. I just lost interest in coon hunting after that.

Got ole Rube now as good a squirrel dog as I ever owned she is five so we got a few years left.

Latest posts