Anybody been vehicle shopping lately.......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
I checked around a few dealer lots as I must be behind times. Talk about sticker shock, a 70k-80k pickup truck is pretty normal if they have any on the lot. I saw a $74,000 Ford F-250 eco boost platinum on one lot.

Last edited:
A lot of them are going for above MSRP. Supply and demand, low supply and people are still buying so the price goes way up.

Local GM dealer has hardly anything on the lot.

Local dealer offered to buy my 2018 Silverado Z71 Crew cab for what I paid for it three years ago with 40K miles on it. They have very low inventory right now.

I'm shopping for a mid-sized truck right now. Been shopping for 2 months.

Nothing out there.

I wonder what happened to all of those Ford trucks that were sitting at the speedways and such? Surely someone has figured out how to make the chips by now.

I wonder what happened to all of those Ford trucks that were sitting at the speedways and such? Surely someone has figured out how to make the chips by now.
I'll tell you what you don't see right now is adds for rebates, low financing come on down special.
I get emails every day wanting to buy my boat or truck!
Some quotes of 8k over what I paid for my boat last year.
Problem is there is nothing out there to replace it.
It's the same on trucks, tractor, utv, boats etc.
Our supply chain is broken we have outsourced until we're screwed.

Ditto what CB said. I get calls & emails all the time, wanting to buy my truck. I don't need a new one, but I'd sell it for their ridiculous offer IF there was anything comparable to replace it with. We ordered new Polaris Rangers last August and just got them a few weeks ago.

Fella at the fuel station offered me $8500 for my 99 toyota tacoma, I paid 9500$ 12 years ago
Hot item..I got a 81 that I get ask about every time I go to town in it..I've had people try to stop me on the hwy and look for me in restaurant wanting to buy it..I've had countless trucks in the past ,none as popular as this old beat around

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 14
Hot item..I got a 81 that I get ask about every time I go to town in it..I've had people try to stop me on the hwy and look for me in restaurant wanting to buy it..I've had countless trucks in the past ,none as popular as this old beat around
I had a 1980 purchased for $4100 in 1984, sold it in 1994 for $4000 to buy a used F150. Wish I hadn't needed the money at the time and that I still had that old Toyota -- it would have doubled in value by now.

Straight axle, 22r motor and a 5 spd. right? If the frame doesnt rust in two right behind the cab and you keep a few qts. of oil in it it will run forever. Heck even fixing the frame is pretty easy done a couple of them. They go anywhere and can be fixed with a Home Depot homeowner tool box. Easy to see why everybody loves them, wish I had mine back!

Latest posts