Anybody been using Gripple's long term?

Help Support CattleToday:

chevytaHOE5674

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and looking for some fence advice. In the past I've done HT fence with inline tension springs, ratchet tensioners, and multiple crimp connectors at every wire termination and its worked fine. Acquired some more acreage that needs fencing and saw these Gripple devices that act as the tensioner and crimp connector all in one. Watched the videos and read what I can find about them and am almost sold (less hardware to fumble with and look easy to tension down the road).

My question is has anybody been using them in a HT fence application for any length of time and if so how are they holding up?

Look forward to hearing some feedback on them. Thanks

I've used some of the gripple splice connectors and they don't slip. They're very easy to use but expensive. I've had some on fences at least 5 years. I haven't used the gripple tensioners.

The gripple tensioners are 1.15 a piece and the tensioner tool is 60 bucks. An ordinary strainer is around 2~2.50 bucks. So by my rough math after I use 60 gripples then the cost of the tool will be offset and after that its $1 savings everytime.

I'm just concerned with the lifespan of them as there is little ceramic wheels and stainless springs inside them....

Interesting, I went and looked at gripple's web site and found out what I was calling splice connectors they call joiners and the joiners are the tensioners. I'd be very interested in knowing the longevity of these things too. They would be far easier and faster to use than the standard ratchet type tensioners. Some of those standard ratchet tensioners fall apart after a few years I have learned. They're made out of metal but they get brittle and break apart just like plastic that has rotted in the sun.

Ive used gripples and before they discontinued them tesulators (loved them), they hold up well the old style would slip which i thought was an advantage if a tree/equipment hit it,but the new ones are stouter and wont do this they also make brace kits and t-clips for ending at the post they are great for web wire.

Latest posts