Any woodworkers out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

All our woodshop equipment was bought at auctions or second hand. Schools also sell some great stuff for almost nothing....You cant beat a good planer for making the exact size you need. But you could use a table saw..

I ended up buying a $99 saw. Got about half of the project done and need to go get some wood. Probably not the best saw but looking to get the job done as cheap as possible.

aventun":yc26pwzh said:
It looks like the table saw can do your job but you can also try a hand planner. They are cheap as compared to Table saws, Just browse some models and look at their features and you can have a better idea which one to choose. See some examples https://www.reviewpen.com/best-electrical-hand-planers/
I know Porter Cable used to make some good tools, but the one they reviewed must be a helluva planer.....
The Porter-Cable Hand Planer offers a powerful 6 amps with a motor for precision and deep cutting. It is a heavy-duty corded machine with a speed of 16 500 RPM for the removal of material and creation of smooth surfaces. You can operate 10 positive steps on the planer supporting in-depth cutting for those tough jobs. With 3 chamfering grooves you are provided better control and smoother results. The management of operation is improved with an 11.5 inch aluminum shoe cast and 5/64 inch cut depth to eliminate the extra materials with efficiency. The maximum rabbit depth of 47 inches supports the removal of excess material.

:lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

tom4018":3lchrhj1 said:
I ended up buying a $99 saw. Got about half of the project done and need to go get some wood. Probably not the best saw but looking to get the job done as cheap as possible.

ddd75":3lchrhj1 said:
you can get a table saw for like 80 bucks... new..

;-)

I've been a woodworker since forever, haha. I have a little shop next to my house from where you can order the furniture of your dreams. I developed such a passion for tools and anything related that helps me create the furniture of your dreams, that I even have a website https://thetoolscout.com/table-saw-vs-miter-saw/! I'm an old guy, but my niece is helping me with all the technology that's how I found your question. I have a few articles that might help you decide what you need but as a woodworker I'd recommend you a table saw, it's made for larger cuts. But if you need to make little and precise cuts, go for a miter saw.

I'm a builder. For custom making trim use a combination of both a table saw and a thickness planer.

1. First use a table saw if you need to cut back a significant amount, You could use a circular saw if it's only a small cut, it's just less accurate, and harder to do, just stay safe.

2. Next use a thickness planer to perfect the cut so it is smooth and even, using a portable thickness planer, rather than a hand planer unless again it's for only a small piece.

Latest posts