any way to stop ad (circulars) papers being dropped in mail box

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
I despise 'em and all the people connected to them ending up in my box. I have never looked at a single one and most of them I'd have to drive 20+ miles to even find a store. Is there any way to get them all re-directed to the mail carrier's address?

Winchester Model 12 I would think it would slow them way down.
Doubt they deliver them in Leavenworth.
Seriously my mailman said if they come in to the post office he has to deliver

My mother was a mail man. I know she hated them, but had to deliver them. I hate our local newspaper with a deep, deep passion. About twice a year, they lay free paper at the end of my driveway. I always take it by their office, and throw it in their driveway. Doesn't help, but it really feels good.

Caustic Burno":55fofedy said:
Seriously my mailman said if they come in to the post office he has to deliver
Yep, and they are a big big money maker for USPS, but shouldn't be at my expense in having to deal with 'em. No longer enough for them to just stop--I want someone to suffer for this besides me. I hope the local carrier gets stuck in the low spot down by the old Greely place, a flat every other week, and a pox on everyone connected with them, a swarm of locusts to descend on their yards,army worms eating their lawns, and yellow & black fungus on their rose bushes termites in their foundations, and feral hogs visiting them every night.

Dunno why, but when I burn them, they stick together and you have to stand there and stir them with a hoe to actually get them to do anything except turn black unless you separate every single page.

Well, I do need to accept delivery of electric bills and such.
I wonder if I can weld my mailbox door shut and just cut a letter slot in the door?
I know some people in cities have those type mailboxes--what does the PO do in those cases?

greybeard":2bn61kej said:
Well, I do need to accept delivery of electric bills and such.
I wonder if I can weld my mailbox door shut and just cut a letter slot in the door?
I know some people in cities have those type mailboxes--what does the PO do in those cases?
:lol: the will probably put it in a plastic bag and hang it on your cattleguard like they do packages here..... :frowns:

Price of a first class stamp would more than double w/o that junk mail.

$.98 1st class stamp to get rid of this crap would be a bargain in my opinion. I generally use only 2 stamps per month.

greybeard":1utf8nhe said:
$.98 1st class stamp to get rid of this crap would be a bargain in my opinion. I generally use only 2 stamps per month.
Man you're tough on the rural carrier. My wife was a rural carrier for many years and they don't enjoy delivering this junk anymore than you enjoy receiving it but law says they must. The same for all the FedX pkgs. that FedX brings to the USPS every day in unmarked trucks and gets them to deliver at discounted rates. All this junk mail goes out at well below the charge for lst class mail so it's no money maker. Actually runs up overtime cost and the mail carriers hate it Maybe a call to your congressman could get the ball moving to make them stop making the cut rate deals. But like Vet said, they'll be glad to put it in a bag and put it by the gate. Or just go rent a box at the PO. You'll get the same shyt but at least a trash can will be in the corner.

TexasBred":3k5b2854 said:
greybeard":3k5b2854 said:
Man you're tough on the rural carrier. My wife was a rural carrier for many years and they don't enjoy delivering this junk anymore than you enjoy receiving it but law says they must. The same for all the FedX pkgs. that FedX brings to the USPS every day in unmarked trucks and gets them to deliver at discounted rates. All this junk mail goes out at well below the charge for lst class mail so it's no money maker. Actually runs up overtime cost and the mail carriers hate it Maybe a call to your congressman could get the ball moving to make them stop making the cut rate deals. But like Vet said, they'll be glad to put it in a bag and put it by the gate. Or just go rent a box at the PO. You'll get the same shyt but at least a trash can will be in the corner.
So maybe no cut rate for volume junk mail....first class for everything. Put an end to the money losing business.

I used to mail a check to the county for property taxes. No more since the day I got an envelop from the county with an explanation of how they received it. It had obviously gotten jammed in a sorting machine and was torn in half. Were I one that pays "just in time" and mailed it I'd have been late. I pay most bill online now, very little is mailed.

Come on GB I may get my feeling hurt if I didn't receive that very interesting pile of papers crammed into my mail box. Why one time I was invite don't to join a hair club just for men, I wonder how they knew my forehead was growing. Wife and I thinking about getting a pair of monkey that live in the ocean and breeding and selling offspring...Alan's registered Sea Monkeys. Never knew monkeys could live in the ocean.

I also talked to the PO about stopping the Junk mail, like some have said they said no you must live with it.

:lol2: Been a while since I've done it....but all those postage paid return cards that fall out of magazines.....I used to just drop them back in the mail as long as their wasn't any way for them to know where it came from.

Had a girlfriend way back when that got the idea from junk mail that naming a star after me would be a great present. Told her a case of beer would have satisfied me much more.

1982vett":3b9xcykp said:
:lol2: Been a while since I've done it....but all those postage paid return cards that fall out of magazines.....I used to just drop them back in the mail as long as their wasn't any way for them to know where it came from.
I've done the same thing especially those with a postage paid envelope. Heck I even put the original envelope back into the postage paid one and send it back too.

Huge number of folks I'm sure pay bills online....they also shop online. We do as well. May not get a piece of real mail all week but will get a pkg just about everyday, something the wife has ordered. I think we're keeping Amazon in business.

I really can't do that M5. Our mailboxes are all in a big bunch, and are actually on US National Forest land. I have no love for their dang trees, but I don't want papers and crap flying out of a bucket into the edges of the forest either--which is partially happening now. Some people open their mailbox, and just throw the junk mail on the ground to end up in the brush and trees of the govt land.
I hate litterers almost as much as all the enablers that get that crap thru the mail and into my mailbox to begin with--almost.

Latest posts