Any video game junkies out there?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Okay I'm almost 51 and I'm still playing video games. I usually play an hour most days, I think I got hooked when my kids where young and played them.... you know it all started with Mario brothers then to Star Fox. Here I am now, a grandfather playing Dead Space on my Play station 3 in HD on my 50 inch Panasonic.... my 20 something 4 kids are so jealous :D . Resident evil 4 was great also.

Any other junkies out there?

Oh, I also have the Wii hooked up to the same TV.... I don't want help.... I like my addiction.... I can handle it..... Really.

Alan

My youngest son was so addicted to them that he almost didn't graduate high school. He graduated with minimum grades and went to the Art Institute in Dallas (finished 2nd in his class) and learned how to make video games. Now he is in the Baltimore area making video games for a company that is a subsiderary of Warner Bros. He loves his work and says when he gets off work he just goes home and plays video games. Tough life if you can get it!!

So hang in there Alan - you may be a video game maker yourself when you grow up! :banana:

When we bought the Playstation my Dad became hooked on Tomb Raider. He's played and finished almost every tomb raider game in existence. He is pretty much limited to that game though. My Mum really got into Donkey Kong on the super nintendo. My brother plays a bit, I haven't got the patience :lol:

I have to limit my son on his game time. Both my kids were into the XBox 360. Since William started playing tennis he's gaming less often. He and his brother get together and rent a game and play on holidays. I never could get into it. Between tennis, band and Ag, I don't think William's gonna have a lot of time for it this fall.

I used to really bad mouth video games, till I bought this computer from a guy that is a gamer and builds computers. He left a bunch on here and I really like the racing ones,My wife says she never would've believed it, if I could just find a steering wheel instead of those stupid L/R arrows.

I play that Call of Duty game. Great fun! I just bought my son a Gaming X-Rocker chair. It has built in speakers, sub-woofer and vibrates with the game. My company imports them. Boy that really increases the gaming experience. It feels too real.

HOSS":2lhpe1k6 said:
I play that Call of Duty game. Great fun! I just bought my son a Gaming X-Rocker chair. It has built in speakers, sub-woofer and vibrates with the game. My company imports them. Boy that really increases the gaming experience. It feels too real.

I just borrowed Call of Duty from one of my sons I'll give it a try pretty soon. Video games have come a long way since Pong, Asteroids or even Pac Man.

Alan

Yep...I like to play on the Wii, I used to play the Playstation but my son has that in his bedroom, so I don't get the chance anymore, used to when he was little but I wont go into his pigsty anymore. I like games like tetris and mind games I'm not into the war or racing ones, don't mind playing the Wii sports games and have a new Polaris exercise game which is good fun. Also play a few games on the computer, Mahjong, Scrabble and a few card games. and I'm 55. never to old to have fun. :banana:
when the grown up kids were small we used to have a Casio games player now when we look at it, it looks so archaic, they have kept every consoles they had in the attic, there are about four different stages of games consoles and all the games still in good working order, suppose one day we will have a museum of the things.

My wife uses the Wii for Wii Fit, not sure of all that it has but I know she does it for 30 of 40 minutes and she looks like she's had a work out.

Chrisy, you may want to keep an eye on some of those older games. My youngest son the big "game junkie", used to work in a video game store. People brought there games they where bored of in a traded them in for a couple of dollars. He got to the point were he knew which ones where worth some money on Ebay. So he scooped them up and sold them, sometimes he would buy a game for $2 and sell it for $50.

Alan

my dad is 45 and still whips me all the time on the PS2. his favorite is ratchet and clank[the 2nd one] and grand turismo 4. me personally... i'll go with guitar hero. :D or ratchet and clank. thats all we used to do. i think he wants fight night now too he played it over at his son in laws house. [no i'm not married lol]

i to finally broke down an bought an xbox360 last winter.i like the fighting games.i have close to 10 games now.but i dont play it to much do to time.but i do love getting into it.i have yet to get it online.or hook it to a hidef tv.its a costly addiction.

Well, I grew up with the original Nintendo, so I'm still into games, although I don't play them nearly as much as I used to.

In a lot of games you will see a disclaimer like - game play will vary online -

I like to think I helped necessitate that warning! :lol:

Then I bought cattle. :???:

Uum,no,unless jigsaw puzzles count..

Actually,I'm afraid I'd never want to come back..just dissapire into the game :compute: :frowns:

peg4x4":1h6nro6g said:
Uum,no,unless jigsaw puzzles count..

Actually,I'm afraid I'd never want to come back..just dissapire into the game :compute: :frowns:

That's my problem, I grab a cup of coffee and turn on the game..... and I'm gone..... until I look at the clock :lol:

Alan