Any Updates Black Granite or Weigh Up?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can give any personal experience with Connealy Black Granite or Plattemere Weigh Up?
Anyone calved out any Black Granite heifers? I am wondering how his CEM will end up? For Weigh Up, just wondering about mature weight. I know his calves have a lot of growth. Thanks for your help. It seems that these bulls are among the most popular Angus bulls.

The black granites have been both good and some just ok. The weigh ups only seen a few and was impressed with mass. No help though on Qs. Haven't calved any BGs out and haven't seen any mature weigh ups. Weigh up son brought 90K at deer valley and is going to Select Sires.

Thanks for the input. I'm just waiting to see the CEM on Black Granite. I know he was used heavily but not sure how he will compare to some other 7229 sons like VAR Generation and Connealy Comrade. BG is going to have so many calves some of them might not be that good. I keep hearing how Weigh Up calves stand out but are mature weights going to be a problem?