Any Tips on the Great Texas Chigger

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
Every year(worse with green grass) always get eaten up with these suckers. Even with backwoods off, spraying down the whole body I will wind up getting one on my ear or some odd place like that. God forbid one on the tip of you know what. Anyone have something better to prevent these suckers from getting on. Once on I use a Q-tip aoaked with wasp spray immediatly to kill them, seems to shorten the length of time of irritation.

BK9954":psfhkgm3 said:
Every year(worse with green grass) always get eaten up with these suckers. Even with backwoods off, spraying down the whole body I will wind up getting one on my ear or some odd place like that. God forbid one on the tip of you know what. Anyone have something better to prevent these suckers from getting on. Once on I use a Q-tip aoaked with wasp spray immediatly to kill them, seems to shorten the length of time of irritation.
I think that variety is just a bit smaller than the Oklahoma chigger variety. I've just been shooting them behind the ear on sight.

RanchMan90":36cr5nuo said:
BK9954":36cr5nuo said:
I think that variety is just a bit smaller than the Oklahoma chigger variety. I've just been shooting them behind the ear on sight.
I don't know about that everything's bigger in Texas

BK9954":2j6r75xe said:
RanchMan90":2j6r75xe said:
BK9954":2j6r75xe said:
I don't know about that everything's bigger in Texas
Lol we just have a higher stocking rate of them

Chigger ran across the road in front of me today, with a groundhog in its mouth.

Cross-7":1q46n6y3 said:
Gunpowder, cayenne pepper, hot mustard, ipecac, asafoetida, and croton oil
1 explosive, 2 super hot ingredients, another that makes you vomit and another that gives you diarrhea. In the Texas heat not sure which is worse lol

Never had too much trouble with chiggers here. Seed ticks made them extinct I think, then the fire ants killed off the seed ticks.

BK9954":jm8safqq said:
Cross-7":jm8safqq said:
Gunpowder, cayenne pepper, hot mustard, ipecac, asafoetida, and croton oil
1 explosive, 2 super hot ingredients, another that makes you vomit and another that gives you diarrhea. In the Texas heat not sure which is worse lol

You won't be worried about chiggers bites though

greybeard":24ipzwfo said:
Never had too much trouble with chiggers here. Seed ticks made them extinct I think, then the fire ants killed off the seed ticks.

You can head over my way if you miss the experience, because they certainly aren't extinct here. Maybe they just don't like sand and pine trees.