Any Thoughts??

Help Support CattleToday:

dbc

Reaction score
I just bought a few heifers not too long ago. I was just curious what yall thought about them and how m uch you would pay for them. All comments are welcome.
briansnewheifer002.jpg

briansnewheifer009.jpg

briansnewheifer018.jpg

briansnewheifer023.jpg

Don't know about your area but up here they would probably
bring $1,000 to $1,150 bred. As feeders they would be 110-130 cwt. depending on condition and the demand. Seems like lots sell for a few bucks more and the baldies always bring more.

dbc -
Are they bred / running with a bull ? If so, what kind of bull are we talking ? I just sold some baldies looked very similar not quite as big for $700.

They don't look old enough to be with bulls ? I believe weanling to yearling heifers like that would probably bring $650 - $700.

That's a decent looking bunch. As far as price goes, you never know. If there are several people at the sale looking for the same thing you are, prices are going to reflect it. Those could swing a few hundred easily. $25 cwt makes a difference. I hope they all turn out fertile for you.

thanks for the comments. They have been running with a brangus bull since about november. I bought them unbred and am keeping them on their property until the haying season is over. they should be bred when I take them away.