Any team/calf ropers?

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R.Cattle,Fla. D.R.Daniels I suppose,if so you were one of the baddest I ever saw.Your right about the roping,everybody there could get it done.awful good watching and the championships all came down to the wire the way it is supposed to be.

clampitt":1q0gquai said:
D.R.Cattle,Fla. D.R.Daniels I suppose,if so you were one of the baddest I ever saw.Your right about the roping,everybody there could get it done.awful good watching and the championships all came down to the wire the way it is supposed to be.

Unfortunately I am not D.R. Daniels. But I also had the pleasure of roping against him too. He was a bit older than I so it was short lived. I nearly bought a horse from him one year. However, Rabe Rabon was around for my whole stay. He was a fine calf roper. I recently sold a tractor to his father. In chatting he told me he made Rabe rope 50 head every day after school rain or shine. No wonder. Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the best ropers come out of Florida?

D.R. Cattle":268009oq said:
Don't know if you guys are watching but the team and calf roping in the 9th go of NFR last night was awesome. I figured Whitfield had the calves wrapped up but every guy that came behind him would beat the guy that went just before him. I believe a new arena record was set for the team roping last night. Not that this matters but I had the pleasure of competing against Speedy in High School. He was alright but I don't remember him having "Super Looper" status back then.
There were alot of guys from the south in the finals its good to see it.i think there are alot off them out there that have the potential to be pro.that are as good are better than him. that dont like to travel all over country.did you calf rope or team rope in high school?

If I'm not mistaken isn't he from Texas.A lot of them guys spent a lot of time in Tx,Ok,Ryan Jarrett has been coming to Greg's since he was around 16yrs old.Lot's of knowledge in those two states, just look at the winners from there.Talent is talent and desire is desire put em together and you will find answers and improve no matter where you are from.

ALACOWMAN":1pmrh81k said:
D.R. Cattle":1pmrh81k said:
Don't know if you guys are watching but the team and calf roping in the 9th go of NFR last night was awesome. I figured Whitfield had the calves wrapped up but every guy that came behind him would beat the guy that went just before him. I believe a new arena record was set for the team roping last night. Not that this matters but I had the pleasure of competing against Speedy in High School. He was alright but I don't remember him having "Super Looper" status back then.
There were alot of guys from the south in the finals its good to see it.i think there are alot off them out there that have the potential to be pro.that are as good are better than him. that dont like to travel all over country.did you calf rope or team rope in high school?

Both. I had two buddies that lived here and went to school with me who shared the endeavour. We split the cost of calves and steers and practiced at one of them's makeshift arena we had setup. I tried bulldogging and bareback riding, but they never stuck. I was a little small for bulldogging and just couldn't get into rough stock riding. Felt like a whip getting cracked in the bareback riggin. I have very fond memories of High School Rodeo. My youngest son now takes part in it. The only problem is he likes to ride bulls. Well it's better than not rodeoing at all, but I still say bulls are made for breeding cows, not for being rode. He ain't been hurt too bad yet. I'll see if he sticks with it after broken ribs.

I had forgot about DR Daniels he was another good roper.what happened to him? Im thinking Ryan jarrett spends alot of time at Charlie Lowrys place in Summerville GA. he was a good hand back in his day.

Latest posts