Any Suggestions on Solar Well Pumps?

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleGuyR

Reaction score
Introduced myself a few weeks ago, got busy with work and didn't get a chance to ask my question. Bet everyone knows how that goes…

I am looking for feedback on solar well pumps. I have a well with no power available. I would like to install a solar pump to feed into a stock tank for my cattle. Anyone have any suggestions or other information on solar power options? Started the search online, but thought I would ask here as well for anyone with experience?

Static water level is about 120 feet and I would be looking for at least 3-4 gallons per minute. I would rather go a bit overkill than under at this time. I always try to buy more than I currently need, rather than buying again in the future. If this is the wrong section for this question, sorry and please move to the correct section.

I am more familiar with pumping at much shallower depths. But I know a submersible dc pump for that depth is going to be pricey.

I have a Robinson solar pump and no complaints
When I was looking for one the I was told the Grundfos was the best and very expensive. I'm at 40' to water and felt like it was unnecessary to spend that kind of money for such a shallow depth and the Robinson pump is simple and easy to rebuild

I have a grundfos pumping from 180 ft. It pumps 6 gal. a minute in full sun. It also works off a generator or ac power if you need it. It has worked for a year with no problems.