Any RVers on here?

Help Support CattleToday:

We bought a 27' fifth wheel a couple years ago, primarily for the county fair. It's been one of the best purchases we've made. The kids love camping, it's a great way to take a weekend vacation without going far. For less than $100, we can spend the weekend outside with the kids away from home and they have a ball. I wish I had done it years ago.

How do you spend less that $100? 🤔 Cost that much in fuel to pull it somewhere... what about cost of the campground, food, gota have smores, hotdogs, fish, firewood (bring your own for free) candy, beer, wine, coffee, ect?!
I know you have to eat regardless if your home or in a R.V. Cost me more than $100 in fuel and food for 2 days not even pulling an R.V. I don't eat much. Plus add my family. I may need you to help me budget.

Thor Industries (THO) – The recreational vehicle maker reported quarterly earnings of $4.12 per share, beating the consensus estimate of $2.92 a share. Revenue also topped Wall Street forecasts. Thor said demand for RVs remains strong, with backlogs at a record high. Its shares rose 3.6% in the premarket.

Thor Industries (THO) – The recreational vehicle maker reported quarterly earnings of $4.12 per share, beating the consensus estimate of $2.92 a share. Revenue also topped Wall Street forecasts. Thor said demand for RVs remains strong, with backlogs at a record high. Its shares rose 3.6% in the premarket.
I saw that on CNBC this morning and thought about this thread. Made me think of John as well.

How do you spend less that $100? 🤔 Cost that much in fuel to pull it somewhere... what about cost of the campground, food, gota have smores, hotdogs, fish, firewood (bring your own for free) candy, beer, wine, coffee, ect?!
I know you have to eat regardless if your home or in a R.V. Cost me more than $100 in fuel and food for 2 days not even pulling an R.V. I don't eat much. Plus add my family. I may need you to help me budget.
Some of the smaller campgrounds we stay at are less than $30/night, and only 15 miles or less from home. I have my own firewood, throw in a couple pack of hotdogs, some burger from the freezer, and some water and gatorade for drinks and we're good for the weekend.

I agree... a bottle of Patron can run you $100 alone

Looks waaay better than most school bus conversions.

That's not many miles for a 25 year old vehicle, but it is a converted 'short' bus so it probably (maybe) didn't have a long route.

Last edited:
We have a 2021 Grand Design S-Class 5th wheel RV trailer. We pull it with a 1 ton Dodge Dually 4x4. We waited til we were 70 years old to get one. Now there are so many people in 'our' mountains during the summer, we can't go up til they leave, basically after Labor Day. There are more RV trailers, motorcycles, 4-wheelers, side x sides up there, owned by young people than you can shake a stick at. We put up hay in the summer, so that doesn't leave much time for camping anyway. How do those young people afford all those 'toys'? We sure couldn't, we had to work. Things have sure changed.

Someone said the RV trailers can be terribly made and that's a true statement. We had a Forest River Cardinal and I would NEVER recommend Forest River. It was so poorly designed it wouldn't heat the main part of the trailer yet it would cook you in the bedroom/bathroom. They all are warmer in bedroom/bathroom, but this one was ridiculous. It was a large area from the kitchen to the front sofa and there was only ONE heat register in the floor by the end of the counter. No way could it heat that area. Sure there was an electric fireplace that was supposed to help, but that was a joke. They also put a residential refrigerator in it which is a no-no. Only we didn't realize it at the time. Do a search and you will find out why; plus the fact it was only AC, not propane and AC. I asked when we bought it if it would change over to propane and they said it would. They lied. That might be okay if you were planning to camp only at RV parks, but we weren't. Plus they don't hold up to the bouncing of the trailer going down the roads and they pull a lot of power.

Grand Design's are the only ones they sell at the RV trailer place we frequent. They said they have too many problems with many of the other brands. I guess we'll see. We just took it for a week fishing and we were much more happy with it than the Forest River Cardinal.

We had an RV one time best day was when we were no longer the owners. I'm not an RV, boat, side by side, jeep, hummer, none of that junk kind of person. 🙌🏾 Enjoy what you like but it's not for me. I'm not a social person. I don't find it fun to go to camp grounds packed like rats enjoyable. I like the peace, quiet, and 🤬.
Remind me what's fun about cleaning and packing an RV pulling it some where. To pull it back to unpack and repete until next time you want to clean pack pull repeat. Bahahahaha.
That basically sounds like me. Perhaps a lot of people use their campers and RVs for travel, but a big thing around me is to drive 20 miles from home, park at a campsite with other campers, and spend the weekend. Apparently, that is supposed to be loads of fun. I'd rather be at home than doing that.

Last edited:
Here is one that will be 4 sale in the Pro Team auction,,

TT here is a car you might be interested in....Pretty neat old car...

Neat old truck................

Last edited:
Gonna retire in January. Got 4 offers of new jobs already.
Also working on my Real Estate Salesperson License.

I thought about getting a real estate license before. Not to actually sell house but to be able to get to see them first and buy repos.

That basically sounds like me. Perhaps a lot of people use their campers and RVs for travel, but a big thing around me is to drive 20 miles from home, park at a campsite with other campers, and spend the weekend. Apparently, that is supposed to be loads of fun. I'd rather be at home than doing that.

I understand that if your a social person, which I'm not. 😆 I'm like you I'd rather be at home than listen to some people at the camp grounds. Don't get me wrong I used to camp all over when I was younger and really enjoyed it. Seems my nerves just don't tolerate people as much I like my peace, quiet, or at least make my own noise.
Yesterday, we were mowing at one of our houses in town. The neighbor seriously jist came out stood in the street staring at us. My husband stopped mowing after he kept standing there from the time he mowed half the yard asked if he was mowing wrong? Or if he wanted to mow or what? The man told him no he never saw a mower like that. 🤦🏽‍♀️ weird cause they are all over. Than the other neighbor came out staring. I've already got in to it with that one for stealing the yard decorations and bring his dog in our yard to use the restroom. I made it pretty clear my children play in the yard sometimes and if I see him or his dog in our yard much less a dog turd....I didn't have a dog but I don't mind bring him some cow 💩 for his front door. 🤣 I wouldn't take my dog if I had one 2 house down in somebody's yard to mess not sure why people think that's okay. Really ticked me off. I'm not talking on the edge of the yard I'm talking all up in the yard. The entire time we put a new roof on the house they stared. I just don't understand people like that. I'm talking 2 days this lady stood at her mailbox like 😲😯😮😳 I'm over here like do you want me to bring you a chair and a beer or what the heck. 🙄
I'd rather stay home do what I want in my own yard nobody can see me. 😁🤡

Here is one that will be 4 sale in the Pro Team auction,,

TT here is a car you might be interested in....Pretty neat old car...

Neat old truck................

I do like that Town Car but I recently disposed of my 8 track tape collection.

Latest posts