Any RVers on here?

Help Support CattleToday:

We don't, but some of our friends from Idaho just stopped by, pulling their 5th wheel. They've had numerous RV's, campers, etc. and say the 5th wheel is the way to go. Mainly because an RV is noisy - you can hear all the dishes/silverware, anything that isn't secured, rattling around.

our idea of camping is to load the tent, air mattress and a few necessities on the back of the harley and meet up with some friends for the weekend. have a couple alcoholic beverages around the campfire and have a few laughs and talk about how great life is (or how bad in some cases)

our idea of camping is to load the tent, air mattress and a few necessities on the back of the harley and meet up with some friends for the weekend. have a couple alcoholic beverages around the campfire and have a few laughs and talk about how great life is (or how bad in some cases)
My wife and I rode through Iowa some years back. I wish I could remember where. We stayed in a hotel in a larger town or city. We asked the hotel guy where we could get a good steak. He sent us to a beautiful little town. It looked like a Norman Rockwell picture. It was a great steak. They had a cucumber salad that was very good. We asked the waitress about it. She said an 80 year old lady comes in every day at 3 o'clock makes only that and goes home.

I can remember the food, but not where we were. We just ride until we are tired, stop, eat, sleep and ride again. It is a great way to see the country, and it is a great country to see.

We are a little to old now to see America from a bike. I am looking at a smaller RV to do it in now. The RV market is bonkers right now, and I am hoping there is a glut of used units in a couple of years. I am a fanatical researcher and there are a lot of RVs to study. The quality on some is abysmal.

I am liking a Canadian unit from https://leisurevans.com/wonder/photos/

2021-wonder-rl-1.jpg

My wife and I rode through Iowa some years back. I wish I could remember where. We stayed in a hotel in a larger town or city. We asked the hotel guy where we could get a good steak. He sent us to a beautiful little town. It looked like a Norman Rockwell picture. It was a great steak. They had a cucumber salad that was very good. We asked the waitress about it. She said an 80 year old lady comes in every day at 3 o'clock makes only that and goes home.

I can remember the food, but not where we were. We just ride until we are tired, stop, eat, sleep and ride again. It is a great way to see the country, and it is a great country to see.

We are a little to old now to see America from a bike. I am looking at a smaller RV to do it in now. The RV market is bonkers right now, and I am hoping there is a glut of used units in a couple of years. I am a fanatical researcher and there are a lot of RVs to study. The quality on some is abysmal.

2021-wonder-rl-1.jpg
my wife and I are getting to that age where a long ride takes longer because we need more breaks. thinking about getting a trike since my short legs struggle to keep the ultra upright when it is fully loaded with camping gear. wife wants an RV but my feeling is that if you want all the luxuries of home then we should just stay home.

Wife and I take want to see more of the world while we're still able. We take a trip every other year to Europe. When we're done with that we want to see some stuff in the states but that will be a while

2021-wonder-rl-1.jpg
An option would also be to take your bike on a trailer. Then you could park your RV and leave it hooked up to the utilities and use the bike to drive around and sight see.
Some friends recently were looking to get a car dolly to pull their vehicle.
Lots of bikers come through this area to go up into the mountains and drive the scenic roads.

Some of you say you don't use yours. The used market right now has never been this good. Great time to sell.
The used market is crazy, bought a Bigfoot camper for $3500 in 2019. Sold it for $7500 in 12hrs in June. Crazy bidding war! It was 25 years old!
Some of you say you don't use yours. The used market right now has never been this good. Great time to sell.

The used market is crazy, bought a Bigfoot camper for $3500 in 2019. Sold it for $7500 in 12hrs in June. Crazy bidding war! It was 25 years old!
I am seeing a similar thing. I think the bubble will burst. If it does not and maybe before we buy something we will take the Air B&B route like @Brute 23 mentioned.

I am seeing a similar thing. I think the bubble will burst. If it does not and maybe before we buy something we will take the Air B&B route like @Brute 23 mentioned.
I'm doing the VRBO thing next month before surgery, house right on Mission beach san diego. Airfare was ridiculously cheap. It will be my first time.

2021-wonder-rl-1.jpg
That looks like a nice rig. I have a friend that was looking at Pleasure-Way RV's. He was looking for something small enough to drive anywhere and be able to park most anywhere. This was several years ago. The one they had picked out was over $140,000. Was planning to get it when he retired which has not happened yet. His long time girlfriend was going to buy it. Her mother had won $2 million in the Florida lottery and died not long after. But then her dad lived to 103 and died just a couple years ago. Not sure where that stands now.
This is an interesting friend. A free spirit that took motorcycle trips about every 2 years all over the world. Many with the GlobeRiders group. Google that. Trips usually around 60 days long with a cost of around $25,000+ per person plus travel and personal expenses. Sometimes staying in hotels, sometimes in tents in the desert, one time in a cave and eating interesting food. He has driven across China, Africa, South America, Morocco, Mongolia, Russia, Turkey and the ****stan countries and many more. Several of the regular riders were well off and retired early from tech companies - one was said to be the inventor of the mouse at MS. The mouse guy was in an accident in one of the primitive SE Asia countries and suffered a severe compound fracture in his leg. He had to be medivac'd back to the US for surgery and a long recovery. Lots of daring and adventure in those trips from the stories and pictures. Dealing with customs and government people and corruption between borders. The tour guy would have a local facilitator in each country to make things easier. My friend somehow managed to make them happen, quietly taking many vacation and leave days from his engineering job and still being able to return after the trip. Also an avid hiker and outdoors person. Mention almost any place in the world and he has probably been there or has a friend there. For several years, he kept a bike in Switzerland at a friend's house so that he could tour in Europe anytime he wanted.

Lifestyle of the rich (and maybe not so famous) eh Simme?

Several of my USMC veteran friends have tried to do the same in Vietnam, visiting their old bases but it is frowned upon using their own bikes. Thievery is evidently still very rampant there and any American style bike of any brand is highly sought after especially in what used to be called Saigon and Danang. Some have done it, but only by buying or renting bikes after they arrive in country.

Lifestyle of the rich (and maybe not so famous) eh Simme?

Several of my USMC veteran friends have tried to do the same in Vietnam, visiting their old bases but it is frowned upon using their own bikes. Thievery is evidently still very rampant there and any American style bike of any brand is highly sought after especially in what used to be called Saigon and Danang. Some have done it, but only by buying or renting bikes after they arrive in country.
My friend is not rich, just determined. Some of his fellow riders on those trips certainly have lots of money. But, true riches are probably not measured in money. He just enjoys adventure and living life to the fullest. He has achieved that and has a richness of experience.

On the GlobeRiders tours, he usually paid to ship his bike to Seattle where the tour operator is located. The guy there secures all the bikes in shipping containers and ships them to the starting point of the tour. All fluids have to be drained, so it takes some time to get them road ready when they are removed from the shipping container. Sometimes involved paying a bribe to the customs guy. At the end of the trip, they were shipped back to Seattle where the owner had to pick them up or get them shipped back home. Bikes are secured at night during the tour with someone paid to watch them. Getting repairs made in some countries and remote locations often required some creativity. But there is usually a group of local bikers around that will help out their fellow biker friends, even if they don't speak the same language or otherwise have much in common. Portions of the trips in very remote areas of very different countries where the local people had never seen anything like the riders and their bikes.
I found this link to some of the journals from the China silk road tour. Mike M. and Linda S. are my friends.

Mike also raced bikes and I think he was pretty successful. Daytona and other places in the US. He also spent considerable money developing custom racing bike engines. After injuries in a crash a few years ago and a long recovery, I think he has mostly given up the racing.

I understand what your saying but you should enjoy life before you die. Your job. Chores, ect. Will always be there, you may not always be able to enjoy life. As for as get out travel, see things or do things you want to do. We always think we have more time or will always have good health this isn't always the case. Enjoy life while you still can, just saying.
Thanks Shell but the trouble is I really enjoy what I do here and see no point in going elsewhere.

Ken

Thanks Shell but the trouble is I really enjoy what I do here and see no point in going elsewhere.

Ken

I understand that as long as your not one them people thinking you have more time later to enjoy life. Some people don't always get the later time. Time is some times now it can't be put a price on in my opinion.

This may strike you as odd Shell but some folks are happiest when working, especially on their own farm.

Definitely, not I do understand that. My step dad owned a tire shop. He loved going to work. If he wasn't there he enjoy working in the yard picking up sticks and rocks. For yards I didn't understand why he spend all his time walking around picking up sticks and rock out of the yard. I swear it was to get away from the kids and grand kids. I really think he just enjoy being outside moving around. That was how he was raised to always be working, nothing wrong with that. It's funny cause I enjoy picking up sticks and rocks now it's a peace of mind. I love using the leaf blower backpack. Haha. I'll do all our leafs some times sneak in town on our rentals do half the neighbors. Haha. It's seriously hard to keep leafs for me in one small yard in town. Haha I just do everybody's. Haha

I wasn't trying to be mean or rude either. Just saying you need to enjoy life as well as work. 😉 Simmer down TennesseeTux.

Latest posts