Any reason why?

Help Support CattleToday:

MRRherefords

Reaction score
In May I had a cow AI'd. The tech said that she was hot in heat and I believed that she took. Fast forward six weeks (today) and the cleanup bull is all over her. :frowns: I understand that sometimes cows don't take, but is there a direct reason why she waited six weeks to cycle again. I do believe that the bull bred her today.

I bet she did not take, and you did not see a heat at 3 weeks. Remember, IF everything is perfect, conception is still only 70% at best. You can do everything right, and still not obtain pregnancy. Early embryonic death is higher than most people realize, and some cows that do conceive will lose the pregnancy before 21 days. I never consider a cow/heifer bred until she passes over 42 days, then I breath a sigh of relief! When you do not use a clean up bull, it is a huge sigh!
Sorry it did not work out, but at least the bull is doing his job and you have next year.

Son of Butch":5nfggp23 said:
yup... she may well have conceived... early embryonic death i.e. day 16 followed by a relatively silent heat...
followed by a strong heat at day 42
I agree with either answer. No way t6o know for sure which but either is possible/probable

Wow, you all seem experienced. I'm learning. I hope you will answer my questions later on.

MRRherefords":q7hsdugm said:
morris_vu":q7hsdugm said:
Wow, you all seem experienced. I'm learning. I hope you will answer my questions later on.
I believe everyone on here ( even the most experienced ) will agree with me when I say that you never stop learning.

If you're green, you're growing.

If you're ripe, you're rotting.

Latest posts