Any one have any pics of shorthorn crosses

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave from MN

Reaction score
Would really like to see some Normande/shorthorn, Angus/charlios cross with shorthorn, and black Simmental cross with shorthorn, but any shorthorn cross pictures would be helpfull. Reason is I want to see what I like. I bought a real high performance meat wagon of a shorthorn bull and I am debating if I will want to keep all my females to breed to him this summer or send some away. Also, odd request again, but I have what is beleived to be a Black Angus/Charlias/Murrey grey. She is kinda a funny brown color and would like to see if any one has some thing similar. Was bred to red angus and threw a solid black calf.

Well, I have a bunch of Shorthorn crosses, so here you go...

Shorthorn x Heref/Red Angus
tn_DSC04487.jpg

Red is Shorthorn x Heref/Red Angus, Black is Shorthorn x Heref/Blk Angus
tn_DSC05242.jpg

Shorthorn x Angus/Shorthorn
tn_DSC06138.jpg

Shorthorn x Cow with Angus sired calf
tn_DSC06109.jpg

tn_DSC06487.jpg

Shorthorn x Red Angus
tn_DSC06524.jpg

Shorthorn x Heref/Blk Angus
tn_DSC06512.jpg

Shorthorn x Gelbveih
tn_DSC06939-1.jpg

Shorthorn x Heref/Red Angus
tn_DSC07009.jpg

Shorthorn x Black Angus
tn_DSC06977.jpg

3/4 Shorthorn Heifer with Angus sired calf
tn_DSC07221.jpg

Shorthorn x Heref/Black Angus
tn_DSC07509.jpg

3/4 Angus, 1/4 Shorthorn
tn_DSC03946.jpg

Shorthorn x Angus??
tn_DSC06193.jpg

Probably won't do you much good because of the Brahman influence down here in Louisiana but I bred a red roan shorthorn bull to some f-1 tigers and black baldies and got red baldies and reds with minimal white. I put some pix below.
In my mind (Just my opinion, don't every body attack me all at once) a good bred shorthorn can improve or supplement bone, carcass, and milking traits on just about any breed out there.
I went shorthorn cause I like color as well as conformation or phenotype, and I don't do much sale barn trading.
When you say "what you like", if your going to trade at the sale barn, post a pic of your bull and let some of the color genome experts here tell you what's going to give you a black calf.
If black is not your main thrust, shorthorns are as solid a producer or crosser as any other breed out there with the opportunity for a little "color" as well. And by and large they're just sturdy cattle.
Heifer off f-1
View attachment 1
Bull calf off f-1

I'll put some pix of the black baldie crosses when I have time to get some good ones.

Hello Dave,
I'm going to post a few photos that I've taken of some of my friends and customers Shorthorn cross cattle. I don't think that any of these photos represent the exact crosses that you mentioned, but I thought you might still be interested in seeing them.
Of course I am a bit biased, but I think that the Shorthorn breed has worked well for cattlemen for a long time now. Please feel free to p.m. me if you would like. I'd be happy to direct you to some more photos, or just to have a visit with you.

shx1.jpg

shx2.jpg

shx3.jpg

shx4.jpg

shx5.jpg

shx6.jpg