Any one else sick of canning?

Help Support CattleToday:

donnaIL

Reaction score
just wondering...trying to get the counter clear...will miss it when it is gone.

If all goes well with the garden, we will be making another run in a few weeks. This time it will be peas, beans and squash. Well we got plenty of squash put up but need some more fresh.

Jogeephus":3l9guvge said:
If all goes well with the garden, we will be making another run in a few weeks. This time it will be peas, beans and squash. Well we got plenty of squash put up but need some more fresh.
Joe, what kind of squash? and do you freeze it or put it in jars?
We have 50 pounds of corn froze and 30 pounds of green beans. We ate so much fresh sweetcorn I don't want to see it for a while. :roll:

donnaIL":1l1j33c0 said:
just wondering...trying to get the counter clear...will miss it when it is gone.

Errrr, actually no - it is a job for the women. I have never seen a man in my family ever go into the kitchen and do this.

Only time a man from my family goes into the kitchen is to make something to eat or to get something to drink - and that is only when there are no women folk around to make it or fetch it.

I just eat the product and allow them access to the bank account when things need to be bought.

She also gets up before me every morning - no matter the time - makes breakfast, packs me a lunch and irons my clothes.

She then starts the car if it is cold out so I get into a warm vehicle.

She cleans the snow off it if it was parked outside the shop and got snowed on - and even tops it off with fuel for me.

And yes she works full time - she is a mining engineer by training and looks after the farm when I am away - like I am at present.

It is all true - and I do not do dishes and laundry and cleaning and nothing in the house - never changed a diaper ever - never have and never will do any of the above - all of that is womens work as well.

Now before you all get off and start yelling - why would a woman do this for the same man for 30 years?

I must have a couple of redeeming features .......... after all she still runs to me rather than cussing me out when I come home.

Bez+

Bez+":n4ogpc94 said:
donnaIL":n4ogpc94 said:

Now before you all get off and start yelling - why would a woman do this for the same man for 30 years?

Bez+

Well she must like you alot! and must be you give her access to the bank account when needed. Your wife sound wonderful! she sure does alot for you... plus doesn't she do some "chicken raising" (might remember wrong).

Still working on the counter here, picked corn, green beans, pickling cukes...tomatoes have had it but I did make some good salsa, ketchup. Will give me something to do when it rains...and rains..next few days, hope we do not get the possible 10 inches that could happen (Ike is headed this way)

Seriously Bez, you have a great wife, my husband is spoiled too :)

Latest posts