Any of you watch Chris Cox Horsemaship?

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
His brother lives near me and is dayworking at the ranch with me. He's quite a horseman. I learned an interesting story about the family. Boy the world seems small sometimes.

Hey, I do watch Chris Cox, I got hooked on him when he was trying to get a 2 yr old to cross some water.... great show, and showed me he wasn't afraid to show the slow times.

Alan

I have seen some of his stuff. I like him from what I have seen. I saw a Perilli (sp) training show last night. I guess his techniques work but I wasn't very impressed.

Anytime you have about 2 hours to spare (please - go to the bathroom and relieve yourself first or you'll pyp... )
go here to read ALL about the Parelli's and his flickatatin' carrot stick he wants everyone to buy....

http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=39158

Chris Cox is a good'un; Charles Wilhelm; Clinton Anderson (I love how he mocks the "nicey-nice horse people") are pretty good to watch on RFD...

I miss the lady that used to break the draft horses - to drive and ride ... I cannot remember her name...

gabz":3uen0rso said:
ALL about the Parelli's and his flickatatin' carrot stick he wants everyone to buy....

For 30+ years I've been ragging to the "Barn Wall" about Pat Parelli and his gift for "P" words.

All these years I've thought I was in a one man Life Raft on a sea of the faithful- I caught on to him the First Time I met him and thought no one else could see through all that Barnum & Bailey Hype.

When I have more time I'll write on Some-of-the-Things-"I"-Caught-Him-doing!!! :cboy:

Old Dog/New Tricks":1h0c7k24 said:
gabz":1h0c7k24 said:
ALL about the Parelli's and his flickatatin' carrot stick he wants everyone to buy....

For 30+ years I've been ragging to the "Barn Wall" about Pat Parelli and his gift for "P" words.

All these years I've thought I was in a one man Life Raft on a sea of the faithful- I caught on to him the First Time I met him and thought no one else could see through all that Barnum & Bailey Hype.

When I have more time I'll write on Some-of-the-Things-"I"-Caught-Him-doing!!! :cboy:

OD/NT, you are not by yourself. I was trying to be kind when I said I wasn't impressed with Parelli's stuff. I think you hit the nail on the head with Barnum & Bailey.

I wanna see a tape of him taking a REAL green horse and training him to do this stuff in a matter of hours as he claims. For that matter I want to see any of them do it in a few hours as they claim. They may get them to circle/stop/and make turns in that time but.............

By the way, the link I posted? It goes to another Horse board and that particular link is a hilarious series of people poking fun and asking difficult questions about Parellis... as in... do the people that attend the clinics and go through all the "level" training ever RIDE their horses?

One thing I've noticed is how they are so good at covering up mistakes, kinda like a musician, when you hit a bad note don't telegraph it but instead make it look like that's what you intended to do. It's the same with some clinician's, they are quick to tell you what they are asking for right after the horse has done it. Old dog penned them (pp) I think, Barnum & Bailey, but some people want entertainment. I put Monty Roberts in this same circus. Others like Chris Cox, Clinton, Lee Hargis (who at this year's road to the horse did not attempt to ride his project as he said he wasn't ready and didn't want to mess him up for the next trainer) and Stacy Westfall are doing the real deal. I love to watch good horsemanship no matter what the breed. Tricks and games I can leave for the kids. jmo

Old Dog/New Tricks":3drgdws3 said:
Some-of-the-Things-"I"-Caught-Him-doing!!! :cboy:

You know I can teach a lot of animals to do a lot of things if I am smart and know How/When/Were to use:
Electric Fence
In Ground Electric Dog Fence
Remote Control Electric Devises
Dog Devises made to fit different animals

:idea: I myself have uses a Remote Devise to Stop some bad Habits
Kickers, Stall Weavers, Cribbers, Etc.
I use the one that you can adjust the leval of 2 different shocks.
#1 - Just enough to get then Looking Around
#2 - To tell then NO :!:
In most cases (1 or 2) #2 shocks will tell any animal NO - after that a #1 shock will Stop Their Thinking About Doing What Ever :roll:
In some cases it's better than a dead animal or person :!:

But then I don't go around telling everyone lies about how i did it with a gift of "P" words or in my case "D" words :cboy:

Caution:
Less is Better - As with Bites and some other systems it's better to start with the Low End and work-up to where you get what you need :!: