any mule people on here lets see some pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

FE1FFD81-F37A-4EAD-ABF9-C2AEDE07B176.jpg

My wife's newest mule born 5/9/15. First picture was taken at about 48 hrs old. Second pic was this weekend.[/quote]
VAAngus
I like your mules this little mule has a set of legs now, and looks like he is just trying to find something to get into. Should make a fine mule someday. Do you own the jack and raise mules & how big is the jack?
keep us updated on the progress of this young mule.
Your stocked leg molly mule anyone should like her , I always like a mule with stocked legs just makes them look nice. how many hand tall is your mules I like one around 14 some people likes them bigger than that but to me that's about right for riding and hunting off them.

Kingfisher":2lwjmosn said:
That sure is a good looking animal VAAngus. What's a gaited mule?

A lot of people around here breed them out of Missouri Foxtrotters which are a gaited horse. Several out of Tennessee Walkers which is another gaited breed.

A standard bred mare, and a gaited jack will make you a nice mule, that will get down the trail. Doubt it would win many shows in a gaited class. They do have a real ground covering long trot though.

Bryant- This guy is so full of himself! The mare is a Oldenburg/QH bred to a jack named Greystone owned by Bill and Deb Garman in Iowa. I was their first AI baby. The babies name is Greystone Silhouette aka Sarge. He is going to be a big guy. My mare is 16 hds. Sarge has grown 3 inches in a month. I better train him to lay down to mount.
The Mollie Mule is Maddie, she is out of a TB mare. Maddie is 14 and just a sweet girl. 15.1 hds
I have a really cute John mule out of a Tenn Walker. His name is Festus, 14.1 hds, 6 yrs old. I have not seen him gait. I bought him last year as a project. I will be selling him this summer so I can keep Sarge.

VAAngus":1h9kczso said:
The Mollie Mule is Maddie, she is out of a TB mare. Maddie is 14 and just a sweet girl. 15.1 hds
Do you ride with a reg. saddle or is your saddle a mule bar saddle? My john mule is very hard to fit a saddle on that has been a real problem with him.
When I was younger we had mules but I have only gotten back into them in the last couple years. There is a lot of things I am kind of re-learning plus mules are different than what they were 30+ years ago. The main thing I was looking for when I bought them was to be very broke because I had not rode for the last 30 years and my two mules are about as easy going as you will find. I told my wife the other day if I keep riding them and can find one I may try to find me a gaited mule, neither of mine are gaited but they can cover some ground.

I have been using a Big Horn saddle. I use it on my big Buckskin horse also. One of these days I would love to have a Tucker saddle. I bought my first mule Maddie almost 3 yrs ago. It took me a couple of years to find the right mule. Most of all I wanted a safe and kind mule. Once you get one good one there will be more in the future. ( My husband asked me to reply since he is not the mule lover) Who is he kidding! He has a soft spot for the baby. :)

IMHO, a mule saddle with 3/4 rigging, and a wells 5 star pad would be a good investment for anybody doing mules. A crupper would be necessary sometimes.

[URL=http://s429.photobucket.com/us...20/kbryant1963/IMG_2311_zpstaxmpwbr.jpg[/img][/url]
[/[URL=http://s429.photobucket.com/...20/kbryant1963/IMG_2318_zpsbt3ua5co.jpg[/img]url]
Here is a picture of my john mule he is 9 yrs 15.1 hands. This mule is the one that I have a hard time with getting a saddle to fit him. He never will get very fat I even had him to the vet checked for worms and did his teeth still he's not real good shape. This mule will follow you around the pasture wanting someone to love on him and you best not let him close to the house or he will be trying to come in the garage. He can become a pest he is so much of a peoples mule.

The guy that logs our property used to use mules up until maybe 6 years ago. They were so awesome to watch, our place in southern mo is mostly steep bluffs and rocks all over. Didnt bother them mules they would tag team big logs straight up the bluff. Best part was when they were done you couldn't tell they were ever there, now he just switched to heavy machinery and we have had him in once since that and its just a mess afterwards.

One time about ten years ago a friend and I got a fourwheeler stuck way down a bluff. We tried everything to get it back and failed. Well the good ole mule team came in went down that bluff and pulled that thing all the way up, was fun to see.

There's a Brazilian donkey called a Pega that looks totally different.. They are gaited and look more like a horse in the neck and sholders.

If I had a mule I would name it Kawasaki........ especially if it were cantankerous................
Thanks for the pics!

We had our mule phase...Had a giant gaited mare and a small jack. Bought the jack to breed to a pony. Pony hated him but my big mare loved him. Not sure how it happened, but we got Bill out of the love story.. Bill, he was something. Every gate we have still has his signature on it. Full of personality, Bill had his 2 cents in everything. He had separation anxiety which made him no fun to ride. When craigslist came out, we listed him for sale and sold him right away to a guy from Ft Worth who wanted to mountain trailride. We all did a little dance as Bill left the ranch... If i find some pictures of him i'll share..

Has anyone here heard of or seen Pega Mules? I ran across them last night on the internet and thought them 'striking' to say the least...

I first saw them mentioned in an old post in this thread I looked up more information on them and was very impressed with their use and appearance. Hopefully the breeding of these mules stays in the hands of those that have produced a mule of this quality.

Latest posts