Any guesses on hanging wieght

Help Support CattleToday:

200kg hanging...that's 440 lbs for us US folks.

If you want to move a hog, the bucket over the head trick will work, but if they want to push forward they will and if they're over 300lbs that's a whole lot of push. The biggest mistake people make when moving them is they use something a hog can see thru, bad idea. Use a solid piece of plywood or something they can't see thru so it gives them the idea they can't go thru it. A little patience is helpful and you can't worry about the squealing and other noises they make, just keep moving it forward slowly.

Butcher just called. Not to tell me my meat was ready but to ask me if I realized how much that sow weighed..lol
I guess he's worried about me having enough money.
He guessed live weight between 1100 and 1200.
Hanging weight 651.
Let's determine the winner. I'll make arrangements to get the t-shirt on the way.
I'll post the weight ticket next week.

I'd send them both a shirt. But since it's fence, I think he's gonna send them both shirts and pocket knives.
I will send them both shirts.
@Silver and @showcattle send me a address and size.
Silver I need you to make sure a t-shirt from a Texas fence builder is not a prohibited weapon in Canada.

I will send them both shirts.
@Silver and @showcattle send me a address and size.
Silver I need you to make sure a t-shirt from a Texas fence builder is not a prohibited weapon in Canada.
That's great new Fence! According to what I can find on Canada Customs and Revenue Agency the shirt itself is not a prohibited weapon in and of itself, but due to Texas fence builders being a suspicious lot there may be delays at the border. But I'm patient and I would wear it proudly upon its eventual arrival.

Latest posts