Any Dallas Cowboy fans in here?

Help Support CattleToday:

eric

Reaction score
How bout them Cowboys!!!

I just got an e-mail from a buddy of mine who works for the ticket (Dallas area sports station), and he told me that the Cowboys just released Quincey Carter. Not sure what happened, but he said Quincey got his stuff and left camp this morning.

Tested positive for cocaine......maybe now Jerry will get off his backside and get a real quaterback. I am interested to se how Henson turns out though.

Thats something I could never understand. If someone was paying me millions of $$'s to keep my body in shape and be drug free, then there would be no way I would ever get involved with drugs! Those jobs dont come around everyday, especially for marginally talented players. All they have to do is work through one major contract and they are set for life. Just cant understand the thinking (or lack there of) of some professional athletes.

thats typical with all these big athletes (mainly basketball and football). these guys are paid millions and millions of dollars. they dont have anything else to spend the money on. most have very little education. all the do is play sports and go to those big parties all the time. i guarantee if the sports authorities really took the drug testing seriously, at least 25% of the NBA and NFL would be gone. the reason they dont is if the players are gone the officials are not needed either.

eric":2hy8w7ar said:
Thats something I could never understand. If someone was paying me millions of $$'s to keep my body in shape and be drug free, then there would be no way I would ever get involved with drugs! Those jobs dont come around everyday, especially for marginally talented players. All they have to do is work through one major contract and they are set for life. Just cant understand the thinking (or lack there of) of some professional athletes.

It used to be that all the rock stars and other fad musicians were either stoned, drunk, or something. Then,

It has become the "in thing" for all professional (?) athletes (?) to be either on hard drugs, steroids, in a sex (abuse) scandal, or some other illicit behavior. The millions of $$ they get (don't earn) only buys them more diversions, ego trips, and feelings that they are invincible...then, there are the advertising endorsements they get big bucks for (until they are arrested and jailed doing something illegal).

Beginning to think the arenas where the Romans pitted the Lions against the Christians were more legit...LOL. (Assuming those stores were true).

Hey...it's all a GAME, about money for the owners...players are bought and sold at slave auctions and considered expendable merchandise when they don't Win games to make money for the owners...

I'm sure I'll take some hits on this post...oh well... 8)

MULDOON":38sioslc said:
I made a deal with all professional atheletes, They don't pay money , or spend their time watching me work ! And I don't waste my time with them! :lol:

Same in this corner. I agree with you 100% Why support a bunch of multi-million-aire and dope heads.

I don't follow sports near as closely as I used to. When you look at their incomes, character, attitudes towards people, it gets harder and harder to differentiate between the NBA/NFL/ML and polo/yachting. All a bunch of uppity spoiled wealthy so and so's if you ask me.

Overgeneralization, I know. I'm talking tough but I do have to admit it's enjoyable to watch the Cowboys and even the Rangers now. I still love to be a spectator, I'm just not near the fan I once was.

Craig-TX

MULDOON":21uogfdq said:
I made a deal with all professional atheletes, They don't pay money , or spend their time watching me work ! And I don't waste my time with them! :lol:
Give me a good , or even a not so good Rodeo any day over any of these
professional sports team. The Rodeo Cowboys earn every dime they are paid.

IMO, that can't be said about the basketball, football and baseball players

Y'alls should pick the REAL American TEAM -- Denver Broncos! Gooooo Broncos GOOO!

Why picked a team that always on drug problems? They should changed their names to Drugboys...... My grandfather is a big Cowboys fan (he missed the old Tom Landry therefore he is a devoted Cowboys fan....) and I tease him constantly about the drug problems....I would say them, "How about them Drugboys?" he would get a good chuckle out of that....

How about the drugs problems in baseball and the Olympics (keep an eye on those Russian gymnast girls hehe...they might get "high" while doing the floor dance LOL! anyhoo, Remember the issues with McGwire and Bonds? They said they were taking illegal steroids so they can increase their performance to hit all those homeruns... even though McGwire and Bonds has shattered Maris' record, Maris is still the true one year home run king because he used no drugs to hit those 62 homeruns back in 1962. Ol Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron will still be my homerun kings even if Bonds surpass their records because again they didn't use any drugs to do it (In Ruth days, the seasons were shorter and the ballparks were BIGGER!).

Truthfully, I rather go to an semiprofessional games than an professional game because simply these young players works their butts off to get into professional levels. Don't get me wrong that all professional athletes are lazy and just play for money. In baseball, there is many good ballplayers who works their heart out like "Pudge" Ivan Rodriguez, Julio Franco, Derek "Dove Into the Crowd" Jeter(he reminds me of Tiger Woods....always WORKS hard give you 100% all the time), Andrew Jones, and many good players but players like Alex Rodriguez" Mr. $60 million to do what?", Bonds, and a few others are overrated and overpaid players. thats my view.......

MULDOON":3l4a1wsn said:

good one Muldoon. i'm with you on that one.

maybe carter can now travel w/ricky williams since ricky "retired" because he didn't want to give up his marijuana.

rodeo is the only sport i support. you dont win, you dont get paid. you really have to work for your money, then if your really good you make it big. all these NBA/NFL athletes get paid whether they win of lose, it doesnt matter to them.

TX I agree! Thats a real man's sport: Rodeo! i am glad its fall and Rodeo is in the air! Whoooo hoooooo

Latest posts