Any Corvette Fans Here

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like a European car.
It should, since those EU vehicles are the cars the 2023 corvette is designed to compete against in both performance and sales. Part of the visual changes for 2023 comes from needing to make some additional air flow to the rear brake calipers and a mid engine means something had to be done to duct air to the 3 front radiators. 2 in the rear.
Mid engine layouts have always been a little problematic too, regarding engine compartment cooling.

It should, since those EU vehicles are the cars the 2023 corvette is designed to compete against in both performance and sales. Part of the visual changes for 2023 comes from needing to make some additional air flow to the rear brake calipers and a mid engine means something had to be done to duct air to the 3 front radiators. 2 in the rear.
Mid engine layouts have always been a little problematic too, regarding engine compartment cooling.
So will it keep up with the Ford GT?

So will it keep up with the Ford GT?
This is 2020

The new 2023 'Vette is 2.6 seconds to 60, where the article says the 2020 GT is 3.

At this moment, we don't know how much the 2023 Ford GT will cost. However, many experts believe the price will start at $500,000 and move up from there. Of course, if you are reading this, you know the price of this exotic supercar is something you cannot afford.

One of the reasons the Ford GT costs so much is demand vs supply. They are limited production and sell relatively few. Even used, they are considered rare as there is a sales stipulation that buyer of a new one can't put it up for sale until they have owned it for 24 months.

vettebyyear.jpg

gtsales.jpg

You are a true 'Vette man.

I really think I would get a 1990 - 95 ZR-1 or latter in that date range that used the non-Lotus engine if I did not live on a gravel road.

Was your 90 or 95 a ZR-1?

Which one did you love the most?

What do you think of the latest rendition?

Both were ZR-1s

Loved the 69 but the 2001 and 2003 was the best riding.

I think they should have left the Corvette alone and built the mid engine as a new car for those that wanted that type of ride. Even the 2000s up became a nightmare for all the modern junk on them.

Yep. Not a big fan of that interior layout, especially the long row of hivac controls along one side of the center console. I'm sure it's functional but just not my cup of tea ... not that I'll ever buy one.

I know the feeling, but once in a vette or any other sporty type vehicle, you don't miss the head room. (I'm just a little over 6'4" tall) At one time, I owned as many as 5 of these at once. Definitely NOT Corvettes but (mid engined) would hang a curve as good as my '61 'vette ever would. (Just wouldn't do the straight line top speed thing.) View attachment 10722 View attachment 10723
My dad had a couple of them. They were neat little cars. He taught me to drive a stick shift in one. One time he came to pick me up when I was in high school, the battery had died, I had to push it to get it to start and jump in. Hahaha that was silly and fun.
Have had vettes from 1958,60,65,69,72,73,78,80,87,90,87,95,98, 2001and 2003 was the last one life on the lake now and have about a mile of gravel road. Gravel roads and vettes don't do well. Our oldest son still has the 58, he was brought home from the hospital in it.
OH MY!! Are you play the lottery!! 😆 Drive slow or drive fast car will be find on gravel. 😁 We live on a long gravel driveway. Never said the car would stay clean. 😆 Did you bring yon son home on your wife's lap??
I sold my '61 vette not long after my first child got old enough to be in a car seat. Back then, it was still legal to carry a baby in your lap, but we frequently made trips from navy base in Tn to my folks place here in Texas and holding a youngun in your lap on a long trip got old pretty quick. Bought a Mustang. It was a POS but it had a backseat.
Huh what a FORD POS?! What huh I did heard that?! 😅🤣🤣 bahahahahahaha!! Baby riding in laps seems so nuts to me. But even when cars seats did come out they wasn't like today's. It's crazy to think how times have changed. I just can't imagine riding around with a new born on your lap. Than again we didn't wear seat belts as kids it was more of we wanted to not had too.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.... black one, white one, red, blue,... which car do I drive day? 🙄🤨
Bad when I was a "BAD 🤬" 🙄 Now I'm just a 🤬 or was it Bad. 😝 😂😂
My mother in law said she was telling Santa I was bad. I told her he likes it. 🤣🤡 No replies since. 🤣😂😅😆☠⚰
This is back when I thought I was "fat" 🙄 I was 5'10" 115. 🤮🤦🏽‍♀️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211205-121426_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211205-121426_Gallery.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 8
Huh what a FORD POS?! What huh I did heard that?!
6 cyl auto. 120 hp. I was still in the military, making military pay, which at that time was about $400/month. Needed something with relatively (comparatively) good gas mileage and, that my 1st wife could handle. In the late 60s-early 70s, that meant sacrificing performance for gas savings. I wanted the 428 Cobra Jet 390hp but my wallet balked and I knew she could never learn to drive a performance car.

My old roommate had a nice 25th anniversary vett.. it was pretty fast, 1/4 mile in 8 seconds

Vette-launch.jpg

Me, I liked the Mazda Rx7's.. my last one wasn't the fastest down the strip but it was respectable with 500hp from 1.3L.. friend of mine had the same engine and made 900RWHP on it, but it wasn't very streetable... this car handles like it's on rails.. I took some nice sweeping corners at 120mph and couldn't believe the speedo, it didn't feel like it IMG_0538sm.jpg

I had mostly the older models of Rx7's, they were usually around 150-200hp (1.1L) when done up in street form, but were simple and fun IMG_0360sm.jpg

Latest posts