Any Corvette Fans Here

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
No doubt the new Corvette is a great car.

What year model do you like?

How does the 1990 - 95 ZR-1 compare to others?

Link to used Corvettes

The price sure looks good

The design and performance sure sounds good

Last edited:
Neighbor has a '56 and a '57. He'd like a 55, but they are rare. The two he has are in a climate/humidity controlled room on dollies. They are rolled on dollies where he wants them to go.

Mr. TC bought a 2001 red convertible for his quintessential 50th birthday/midlife crisis. And it had to be a convertible because he's so tall (and at the time, still sportin' the George Jetson 'do), he needed the extra head room. He looked ridiculous, contorting himself into a pretzel getting in & out. Sweet ride, but I hated that thing. I want more metal between me and the other vehicles (idiot drivers) on the road. Surprisingly, it got great gas milage.

C3 from 68-72, then a C6 or C7 of any year. If I could afford a C7.R or restored 69 stingray, I would buy it in a heart beat.
C4s are my least favorite, but the most affordable if you want to have fun with.

Mr. TC bought a 2001 red convertible for his quintessential 50th birthday/midlife crisis. And it had to be a convertible because he's so tall (and at the time, still sportin' the George Jetson 'do), he needed the extra head room. He looked ridiculous, contorting himself into a pretzel getting in & out. Sweet ride, but I hated that thing. I want more metal between me and the other vehicles (idiot drivers) on the road. Surprisingly, it got great gas milage.
I know the feeling, but once in a vette or any other sporty type vehicle, you don't miss the head room. (I'm just a little over 6'4" tall)

At one time, I owned as many as 5 of these at once.
Definitely NOT Corvettes but (mid engined) would hang a curve as good as my '61 'vette ever would. (Just wouldn't do the straight line top speed thing.)

IMG_0028.jpg

twinindy2.JPG

I know the feeling, but once in a vette or any other sporty type vehicle, you don't miss the head room. (I'm just a little over 6'4" tall)

At one time, I owned as many as 5 of these at once.
Definitely NOT Corvettes but (mid engined) would hang a curve as good as my '61 'vette ever would. (Just wouldn't do the straight line top speed thing.)

View attachment 10722

View attachment 10723
All pace cars???

I had a white 88 or 89 if I remember right. Iron Duke and a sticky shift. Man that lil car handled great! Bought from the original owner who pampered it. Anything it needed it GOT!
The one that got away....

Have had vettes from 1958,60,65,69,72,73,78,80,87,90,87,95,98, 2001and 2003 was the last one life on the lake now and have about a mile of gravel road. Gravel roads and vettes don't do well. Our oldest son still has the 58, he was brought home from the hospital in it.

All pace cars???

I had a white 88 or 89 if I remember right. Iron Duke and a sticky shift. Man that lil car handled great! Bought from the original owner who pampered it. Anything it needed it GOT!
The one that got away....
No, only the 2 pace cars (auto and Duke), a white 84 se (auto and Duke), a red 88 5 spd getrag, and a silver 85 with 4 speed muncie. The 4 speed was my favorite.
(88 was the last year they made them)
I spent a night in this one keeping an eye on some big burn piles when we cleared land for my house.
silverfiero.JPG

Hurricane nearly dropped a tree on the red 88.
(one of alleged cow dogs checkin things out)

red fiero tree.JPG

My wife's se (the 1st Fiero we ever bought)
Ruckus.jpg

Inside of her's when she was redoing the interior when we lived out in San Angelo Tx:
parts.jpg

We wuz definitely 'car guys/gearheads' at one time in our lives:
dishfiero2.jpg
Not many had the over the roof air scoops. (they were not cheap! Anyone claiming a Fiero was a poor man's Vette never owned a Fiero.)
indy scoops_(Medium).JPG

Have had vettes from 1958,60,65,69,72,73,78,80,87,90,87,95,98, 2001and 2003 was the last one life on the lake now and have about a mile of gravel road. Gravel roads and vettes don't do well. Our oldest son still has the 58, he was brought home from the hospital in it.
I sold my '61 vette not long after my first child got old enough to be in a car seat. Back then, it was still legal to carry a baby in your lap, but we frequently made trips from navy base in Tn to my folks place here in Texas and holding a youngun in your lap on a long trip got old pretty quick. Bought a Mustang. It was a POS but it had a backseat.

My boss had 2- '65s, a '67 and a '69 427 stingray T top, NASA blue. It was one sharp car!
I never have really cared for the mid 60s coupe, and especially not the split rear window treatment some got. Corvettes should all be convertibles... Just my opinion.

I had a 2014 , loved it but didn't drive it enough to justify owning it. Put 3000 miles on it in 4 years. Man I miss that car. I was at the Chevy house this week a couple times and they have 2 new ones on the floor. They look SWEET!!!!

You are a true 'Vette man.

I really think I would get a 1990 - 95 ZR-1 or latter in that date range that used the non-Lotus engine if I did not live on a gravel road.

Was your 90 or 95 a ZR-1?

Which one did you love the most?

What do you think of the latest rendition?

The new Corvette is $100K or less.

The new Porsche 911 GT3 ranges from $165 to over $200K

Latest posts