Any body use Special Focus from ABS and bad luck?

Help Support CattleToday:

Amo

Reaction score
Chambers, NE (125 miles W. of Souix City IA or 110
Was just curious as to peoples conception rates on using Special Focus.

Had a friend buy some Absolute and Special Focus from and ABS "independant contractor"...is what I would guess you would call him. Also bought some from an Accelerated rep. All straws were transfered from the reps tank to the vets tank. Not sure how many times they had been handled. According to my friend, vet does embryo transplant work, very respectable conception rates, etc. Well when they ultra sounded, everything was bred up good (don't know %, but respectable) except the ones they bred to Special Focus. Every single one was open. Had one straw left. Vet thawed it out, and said it was worthless.

They contacted the person they purchased it from. He had gotten out of that business. He gave phone # of the guy who bought business from him. He isn't answering calls. I gave him the # for the ABS manager. He tried dodging etc. Finally said have the vet call him and they would talk. No clue if vet called or not. Last I knew, they just decided it wasn't worth the hassle. They only did 10-15 head, so its not on the ABS's DSM high list of prioities either.

Im guessing it was junk before it every got to the vet clinic. Either Absolute and Special Focus were stored in seperate tanks and one went bad, or older product that had been handled too many times. If that's what happened, the "independant contractor" is the one that should stand for it. Thing is he isn't selling. The new guy, its not his problem, nor should it be. I do think...if it is what I think it is....ABS should do something for him. I don't buy a lot from ABS, but kinda makes me wonder about doing business with them. Im lucky to have 2 good "independant contractors" from ABS in the area. I think if there was an issue, they'd make it right. Plus move enough product that it would be "fresh".

Basicly my friend asked me to check around and see if anyone else had bad results. Make sure ABS didn't have a bad collection or something.

Thanks.

Latest posts