ANTS!!

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
There is a big bed of Texas Red Ants on my way to H.E.B. Real red ants,no fire ants! Hope those flys they turned out are working on those fire ants.. First Red ants I've seen in years.The fire ants did a real job on them. Hope they swarm before someone else sees them and decides to do away with them..

the only ants i see around here are fire ants.an them jokers hurt when they sting you.

There is one harvester ant bed with which I am familiar right now and it is on a yard down the road. No harvester ants, no horny toads... I miss my horned toads. That's something I have not seen in years.

That's why I was so excited to see these ants. I'm hopeing "somebody" can find and relocate a horny toad or two. I miss the little guys too.

When I was a kid, a million years ago... they were everywhere. Sometimes it was hard not to step on them.

We've got several beds of red ants. Here on the 16 acres at the house and down on the river property too.

We use diatamaceous earth (DE) on the fire ants. We also put it in the sheds, well house etc. Chemicals the kill the fire ants will also take out the red ants.

Took another "trail ride" and the ants are still there..If nobody will kill them out until after it rains and they have swarmed,mabe it'll get back the way it was around here.

Latest posts