Ants in the house

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score
we have a colony of tiny little ants that apparently has set up house in the wall of our kitchen

Dad has a chemical license for the pastures so we can buy the nasty stuff

anyone have any ideas on what to buy?

I got this clear ant poison at the local store when I had small red ants start invading my house. They ate it and never came back. Can't find the bottle, I think it is called Terro or Terra I'm not sure.
It is a liquid. You put it down on a piece of cardboard where the ants are at and they find it, eat it and take it home and die. Best stuff I have found. Even got the big red and black ants that were coming in too.

They sound like sugar ants, and good luck getting rid of them. About the only thing I've found to be effective - short of tearing out the wall they are living in - is to spray the base of the wall they are coming in from, all of the cupboards and pantries with raid on a regular basis.

I luv herfrds":h1erb9xd said:
I got this clear ant poison at the local store when I had small red ants start invading my house. They ate it and never came back. Can't find the bottle, I think it is called Terro or Terra I'm not sure.
It is a liquid. You put it down on a piece of cardboard where the ants are at and they find it, eat it and take it home and die. Best stuff I have found. Even got the big red and black ants that were coming in too.

Wife has been usin Terro for the ants. They just love it, always coming back for more!! :shock:

Seriously, we have tried everything short of burnin the house down to get rid of em to no avail.

Get a plastic tube and stuff it in diatomaceous earth (D.E.). Get as much D.E. in the tube as possible. Stick the tube in the wall, put compressed air on the opposite end of the tube and blow it into the wall.

I had those small sugar ants in my kitchen also. I got rid of them by setting off 2 flea and tick bombs. One in the kitchen, one in the basement. Those bombs also work excellent on cluster flies and lady bugs.

bought some Terro at the lumber yard yesterday - we will see - bug bombs are next ....

might have to break down and take off the trim around the window (seems to be where they come and go) then we can put some real bug killer down inside the wall :roll:

Latest posts