antiquing road trip...

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
Wife and are planning a trip around Texas and may include La. NM. into the trip. Mainly looking antique shop or the like. We are starting Corpus and really have no agenda persay. Any ideas or pointers for good local spots for antiques? She likes the vintage glass, I like tools and larger items.

Small town rural areas. Garbage sales and estate auctions are your best bet for value. Seems I come across the best deals when I am not really looking. My place looks like Sanford and Sons at times. Too much. I don't need to find any more deals.

Alladin lanterns are my soft spot. I have too many. Very little invested in them but their value at the internet prices is amazing.

Next would have to be Coleman lanterns. 8 working antique models. A few junkers. Modern junkers too. Use them for parts. Have 3 propane working lanterns than I have less than $10 in the lot. Have a couple of 288's that I use regularly. A northstar I put on the bottle when in need.

As far as tools go I have some things I don't even know what they are. Have most of my great grandfather's blacksmith tools. Have other things I have picked up through the years. Scales, pulleys, wrenches, home made crap too. Have a few dozen double trees. Several old breaking plows.

It is amazing what old timers just give me. I hate to say no. They are cleaning out old barns and they give things to me because I restore so much old junk.

If you come to Central Texas there are a few good ones around Waco. Sometimes we go look around my Dad likes the old Ford wrenches I look for ones he don't have.

Latest posts