Anticipation

Help Support CattleToday:

A local guy here was pardoned by the president. Nothing serious I guess. Just a bank robber. But, he mostly used a BB gun in his string of bank robberies. He is getting out 14 years early. I wonder what it takes to get on the list for a pardon. Must be more to the story than random or justice. If you are going to commit a robbery, might pay to only carry a BB gun if hoping for a pardon.

GREENVILLE, S.C. —
A Greenville bank robber was among those who received a presidential commutation on President Donald Trump's last day in office. A list of pardons and commutations from the Trump administration included Monstsho Eugene Vernon, a man convicted in a string of armed bank robberies in Greenville.
In November of 2000, WYFF News 4 reported the FBI had arrested Vernon for robbing the Palmetto Bank on Haywood Road, and investigators believed he may have been connected to a string of robberies.
According to a White House press release, "The commutation is supported by Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and the Office of the Pardon Attorney." The release said "evidence showed that numerous of these offenses involved him carrying BB guns rather than genuine firearms."
According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons database, Vernon is being held at Butner Federal Correctional Institution, a low security facility in Butner, North Carolina. He was scheduled to be released on Jan. 27, 2035.

Pretty odd for a racist huh. All those white supremacy guys left in jail to rot and pardoned several blacks from what I understand.

Latest posts