ant fortress

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman

Reaction score
fire ant hills sewn together by bermuda grass..is a bushhog nightmare..been a couple years since i was able too bushhog the bottom and those ants made had some pretty good hills. most you couldnt see till you where on top of i had too hover over the big ones and slowly let the blade slice em down. the ones i hit at speed would just cut off at the ground and flip over looked like a hershey kiss's layed on it side.

I wish somebody would figure out how to get rid of those things.

those little flys that cut off their heads look like they may work. Add that to AMDRO ,should keep them quited down.

I have taken to pouring hot grease on them after I fry something. I know it doesn't do anything about the problem on the whole, but it makes me feel better when I hear them popping.

alacattleman":1r007y0o said:
fire ant hills sewn together by bermuda grass..is a bushhog nightmare..been a couple years since i was able too bushhog the bottom and those ants made had some pretty good hills. most you couldnt see till you where on top of i had too hover over the big ones and slowly let the blade slice em down. the ones i hit at speed would just cut off at the ground and flip over looked like a hershey kiss's layed on it side.

I posted a long time ago a method that works. Crumble some chewing tobacco on the mound. The workers take it into the mound and give it to the queen watch and when she comes out to spit step on her and kill her and the workers will finally die out. ;-) ;-) ;-)

A few years ago a farmer got so mad at them that he literally peed on the mound. They died. He did some more "research" and found out the mounds have a coating on the tunnels made by the ants and the amonia from the pee dissolved the coating and the ants died.

Kicker is, he developed and started selling a product with the right ratio of amonia and other stuff. The EPA found out about it and told him he would have to register it and have it tested. Testing takes at least 5 years and literally costs millions of dollars. Needless to say, that put a stop to it.

On another vein, a lady made a dog flea collar for her dog using garlic. She produced them also until the EPA found out about it. Same stupid ending to her story.

Latest posts