Another what's it worth.

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
A piece of hydraulic equipment in the 3000.00 dollar range. Unused and still in crate. But purchased long enough ago to have lost warranty. Well say a couple years.
What percentage of value would you say the item has lost.

I'd say it's worth only a little more than a used one. Same value as one that's only been used once or twice.

More info is needed to make an accurate assessment. Hydraulic money printing press would have appreciated, even if the warranty had expired. If it's some sort of fencing tool, the other end of the spectrum is where I'd start.....Unless it's a pipe notcher.

Depends-------- it maybe worth more if demand has went up and supply down........since then. I bought a Colt Python in the original box a few years ago for $700 and I bet it would bring $800 now with no warranty. I have always hated the gun as it has that little ole short 1 1/2" barrel.

jltrent":3mswy3xc said:
Depends-------- it maybe worth more if demand has went up and supply down........since then. I bought a Colt Python in the original box a few years ago for $700 and I bet it would bring $800 now with no warranty. I have always hated the gun as it has that little ole short 1 1/2" barrel.

You might want to multiply your estimated current value by 2-3 times.

rla442":1k0xhwae said:
jltrent":1k0xhwae said:

You might want to multiply your estimated current value by 2-3 times.

Dang... I was about to offer him $800. :lol:

jltrent":3960iplb said:
How about $2500?

Colt Pythons at Armslist are priced from a high of $5500.00 Down.. and at gunbroker there is a set for $8950.00.....

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/sea ... e=7&ships=

http://www.gunbroker.com

A few years ago I had a 2 guns for sale, best offer I got @ gun shows was $725.00 for the .204 and $700.00 for the shotgun, Put adds on Armslist, sold the .204 for $1100.00 to a dealer in AZ or NM, sold the Shotgun for $1600.00, the guy drove 300 miles 1 way to pickup..

On the equipment to me somewhere between new and used. I would offer price of nearly new mint used, and wing it from there

Exactly half, if it's still in the crate you have no idea if it works . Great bargain if it does , you're still in it right if you have to work on it.

It depends on how much you need it, and if it's a hard-to-find item. without knowing what this item is, it's impossible to value it. Is it something that has had many improvements to the new, current models, this this one is outdated? Are the new, current models made cheaply and have had corners cut?

Latest posts