Another waste of taxpayers money.......

Help Support CattleToday:

So you don't have a problem with the waste of time and millions of dollars wasted?
Well, most of the millions of dollars wasted is from their salarys. And since they are going to get paid anyway, I guess I would rather have them wasting time on the trial than spending time on how they can spend more of our money or restrict more of our freedoms. Makes them feel like they are doing something, and keeps them out of our hair for a while.

Well, most of the millions of dollars wasted is from their salarys. And since they are going to get paid anyway, I guess I would rather have them wasting time on the trial than spending time on how they can spend more of our money or restrict more of our freedoms. Makes them feel like they are doing something, and keeps them out of our hair for a while.
The best answer I have heard. It does tie them up for a while.

So you don't have a problem with the waste of time and millions of dollars wasted?

Those fools are going to waste dollars no matter what you or I or the people that voted for them think... I would much rather go through this waste of money for something that involves our country than the money be sent somewhere they hate us and we are feeding them and supplying them with supplies to kill us later.

I think there is a bit of hypocrisy in DC. What Trump did was rally his base, which is what he has been doing for the last 4+ years. Did he stretch the truth and blurr some lines? Yes. Is that an impeachable offense? If the answer is yes, there isn't a Senator or Representative who can not be impeached on the same grounds. If the answer is no, then it is a waste of time and resources and they need to quickly move on for everyone's sake.
Are some lies not worse than others? When Trump says 1.5 million people attended his inauguration, that's a lie, but it's also mostly harmless and not worth prosecuting. When he says the election has been stolen, that's also a lie, but it led to an insurrection against the government and an attempt to overthrow democracy. The impact of the lie matters.

If propagating the lie that spurs a violent insurrection isn't impeachable, what is?

We spend billions of dollars a year in this country locking up people who have done far less. I think we can find room in the budget for an impeachment.

My view of it is, yes on the surface it is little more than going through the motions for political reasons. There is another way of justifying it that I think is likely the angle being used. As we all know our elections are the hallmark of our democracy. To have baseless claims of massive voter fraud, is very problematic especially coming from elected officials in high offices. If there was evidence of wide spread concerted efforts resulting in fraud then that would be a different story. The rallies and various efforts to spread dissention and doubt about the process for political gain were over the top and taken too far. Regardless of personal politics the country does not need to go through that kind of upheaval during each election moving forward.
So tell me, who was in support of Antifa and BLM when cities were and are being burned to the ground. Compared to the play put on by the same performers in Washington I would say you are barking up an empty tree.

Think of the money that has been spent on Former President Jimmy Carter. Just the 40 years of secret service protection is a fortune. I'm betting many here weren't even born when he was President. 1977-1981
He is the first president that I remember. I was 2 when he was elected

He also did not take a salary....

The claim about the salary is the shiny nickel he used to distract people while he raided the taxpayer wallet. Every time he went to one of his resort properties or held official business there, the government was paying for those services. No discounts. All of the staff, officials, etc. who accompanied him were charged full rate, on the government dime, to businesses held by Donald Trump. Want a meeting with Donald Trump? Spend enough money at his resort and you'll get one. That in itself is a clear violation of the emoluments clause of the constitution and ought to be grounds for impeachment. If Hillary Clinton ran such a scam people would be foaming at the mouth with rage.

Edited to add a link:

Secret service charged a modest $650 a night for hotel rooms and $17000 a month for a three bedroom cottage. This must be the cost of draining the swamp.

Are some lies not worse than others? When Trump says 1.5 million people attended his inauguration, that's a lie, but it's also mostly harmless and not worth prosecuting. When he says the election has been stolen, that's also a lie, but it led to an insurrection against the government and an attempt to overthrow democracy. The impact of the lie matters.

If propagating the lie that spurs a violent insurrection isn't impeachable, what is?

We spend billions of dollars a year in this country locking up people who have done far less. I think we can find room in the budget for an impeachment.
Of course some lies are worse than others. Also of importance is the dependability of the liar. Would a reasonable person believe the one who tells the lie? Let's take for example the boy who cried wolf too many times - people didn't believe him for very long. Then we have Trump, who the media would have us believe says nothing but lies. Remember the presidential debates not long ago, they couldn't even fact check Trump he told so many lies. So we are to believe that this liar lied! Say it isn't so. My gosh, I know I am scandalized (sarcasm of course)!

The insurrection against the government was not caused solely by lies or any embellishment by Trump. It was caused in equal part by lies by many other people - media and leaders of the democratic party as well. Mostly by those who say "move along, nothing to see here". The voter fraud issues will need to be dealt with in a honest and open manner if the country will survive.

Of course some lies are worse than others. Also of importance is the dependability of the liar. Would a reasonable person believe the one who tells the lie? Let's take for example the boy who cried wolf too many times - people didn't believe him for very long. Then we have Trump, who the media would have us believe says nothing but lies. Remember the presidential debates not long ago, they couldn't even fact check Trump he told so many lies. So we are to believe that this liar lied! Say it isn't so. My gosh, I know I am scandalized (sarcasm of course)!

The insurrection against the government was not caused solely by lies or any embellishment by Trump. It was caused in equal part by lies by many other people - media and leaders of the democratic party as well. Mostly by those who say "move along, nothing to see here". The voter fraud issues will need to be dealt with in a honest and open manner if the country will survive.
Despite being warned of his lies many times, you seem to have fallen for them. "The voter fraud issues" don't exist. Nobody could produce any credible evidence before a court of law that widespread voter fraud existed. That's why the country is moving on.

So tell me, who was in support of Antifa and BLM when cities were and are being burned to the ground. Compared to the play put on by the same performers in Washington I would say you are barking up an empty tree.
I doubt many at all were in support of the violence and damage. I don't condone the violent and destructive acts at all either.
The BLM movement is the result of years of issues that haven't been resolved. It's a difficult subject to address. Eventually most things turn political and are exploited by each side.

I doubt many at all were in support of the violence and damage. I don't condone the violent and destructive acts at all either.
The BLM movement is the result of years of issues that haven't been resolved. It's a difficult subject to address. Eventually most things turn political and are exploited by each side.
All I will add to this conversation is that people need to see things with their own eyes and make their own opinions. I found it very odd that only Dem states were badly affected by these "demonstrations" and those same Dem governors refused help from Trumps administration. Odd hey?

IMHO, the is a reason their name includes the word Rat.

All I will add to this conversation is that people need to see things with their own eyes and make their own opinions. I found it very odd that only Dem states were badly affected by these "demonstrations" and those same Dem governors refused help from Trumps administration. Odd hey?

IMHO, the is a reason their name includes the word Rat.

When I saw the destruction after a night of rioting I was definitely in a red state, so I'll continue to trust my own eyes and believe that it's a nationwide problem and not a political conspiracy.

Latest posts