Another waste of taxpayers money.......

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Both sides say the guy want be impeached who is already out of office. Worse case they will vote he can't run again. Trump is age 74 and very slim chance politics are in his future. Thousands of troops staying three months in DC. The country needs to move on.

The only things that I can see going through the motions of the impeachment trial phase at this point are, to prevent him from holding office again. The thinking may also be to try to send a message for future that the kind of division and discord that was pushed about the legitimacy of the election is not something that can be tolerated.

The only things that I can see going through the motions of the impeachment trial phase at this point are, to prevent him from holding office again. The thinking may also be to try to send a message for future that the kind of division and discord that was pushed about the legitimacy of the election is not something that can be tolerated.
So you don't have a problem with the waste of time and millions of dollars wasted?

Every senator, republican or democrat, thinking or day dreaming about running for president in 2024 would like Trump out of their way. They might be able to get enough agreement to gang up on him, each to clear their own path.

535 wastes of taxpayer dollars right there. All of Congress should be cast out on the street and we will just start over. Can't name the last thing they did that truly benefited the American people as a whole and improved life in this country.
535 new lobbyist?
That is my understanding. After the protest turned out like it did from what I read in the news, that may have swayed some senators views.
Money sways senators.

So you don't have a problem with the waste of time and millions of dollars wasted?
My view of it is, yes on the surface it is little more than going through the motions for political reasons. There is another way of justifying it that I think is likely the angle being used. As we all know our elections are the hallmark of our democracy. To have baseless claims of massive voter fraud, is very problematic especially coming from elected officials in high offices. If there was evidence of wide spread concerted efforts resulting in fraud then that would be a different story. The rallies and various efforts to spread dissention and doubt about the process for political gain were over the top and taken too far. Regardless of personal politics the country does not need to go through that kind of upheaval during each election moving forward.

according to an article I read (not sure where) even if the senate does impeach Trump, they can not prevent him from holding any government position. The senate should just throw out the house impeachment since they did not follow their own laws of due process. Their whole proceeding reminds me of the old west when they would hang someone just because they thought he was guilty without any trial. Trumps lawyers were not allowed to speak on his behalf before the vote. What a waste of time and taxpayer money. Have already heard of some state representatives throwing his/her name in to replace GOP seat in congress that voted to impeach. They should also consider the fact (as reported on several news stations) that the FBI was aware and warned the capital police of planned violence attacks on the capital days before Jan 6th but they did nothing.

I think there is a bit of hypocrisy in DC. What Trump did was rally his base, which is what he has been doing for the last 4+ years. Did he stretch the truth and blurr some lines? Yes. Is that an impeachable offense? If the answer is yes, there isn't a Senator or Representative who can not be impeached on the same grounds. If the answer is no, then it is a waste of time and resources and they need to quickly move on for everyone's sake.

John Roberts has declined to oversee the proceedings.

It will fall on Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) to oversee the Senate impeachment trial

My view of it is, yes on the surface it is little more than going through the motions for political reasons. There is another way of justifying it that I think is likely the angle being used. As we all know our elections are the hallmark of our democracy. To have baseless claims of massive voter fraud, is very problematic especially coming from elected officials in high offices. If there was evidence of wide spread concerted efforts resulting in fraud then that would be a different story. The rallies and various efforts to spread dissention and doubt about the process for political gain were over the top and taken too far. Regardless of personal politics the country does not need to go through that kind of upheaval during each election moving forward.
Thanks for the info and your views.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and your views.
In regards to a post I saw a moment ago. I respect others views. I do not expect everyone to share my views, and in everyday life I have friends from all different political beliefs. Like everybody else the events in my life have helped to shape an ever evolving view of how things are. My wife happens to be very conservative and we are different political parties, we still have a lot of common ground on several issues. If there is something we don't agree on we just agree to disagree.

Latest posts