Another uruguayan angus (BLACK)

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After all the honest comments (good and bad) the bulls I posted received I am interested in hear more. I know the red angus got the atention of some of you, I also know that the young black angus was not your cup of tea for several of you, also that the herefords toplines were not the best, so I want to continue exchanging ideas and pictures. I need to find a bull suitable to catch the interest of the american breeders...something VERY difficult for a south american bull !!!

So I have another bull at my facilities that I want to hear your opinions, his name is Caraí-Guazú that in guaraní (native language of many southamerican tribes) means something like "Big Sir" or "Big Mister".....

Pay.jpg

Thanks for your comments

Lorenzo

I have just noticed here the same topline issue you have told me about my herefords...!!! :roll:

L

Ooooops !! that is not Carai-Guazú, that is Payé, another bull not so good sorry !!!!

This one is Caraí- Guazú !!!!!

carai2.jpg

Sorry again

L

Like both of those bulls. I think the first one appears to not have a real good topline because of the way he is holding his head. They aren't perfect, but I like their muscling and overall conformation.

Thank guys, it seems the way we are taking the pictures doesn´t help with the toplines....the head is too high maybe ??...
Well I must leave, today it's my birthday (42) and family is waiting, also it seems this weekend I'm going to be father again so I don't know when I will be back.... :cowboy:

Cheers
Lorenzo

Lorenzo":1kl873vx said:
Thank guys, it seems the way we are taking the pictures doesn´t help with the toplines....the head is too high maybe ??...
Well I must leave, today it's my birthday (42) and family is waiting, also it seems this weekend I'm going to be father again so I don't know when I will be back.... :cowboy:

Cheers
Lorenzo
well congratulations.... and keep em card's and letter's coming

Lorenzo-

Yes, I agree that your method of 'stacking' your bulls (positioning them for photographing them) does cause their mid-spine area to become concave - Head too high=Thoracic area concave, or sagging. Also try to position them so that their front legs are slightly higher than their rear legs.

I saw a picture of my Fourth GREAT-Grandchild a few days ago! You guys are behind the times. I tend to think that it has something to do with Masculinity and Fertility!!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":21uhnrqw said:
Lorenzo-

Yes, I agree that your method of 'stacking' your bulls (positioning them for photographing them) does cause their mid-spine area to become concave - Head too high=Thoracic area concave, or sagging. Also try to position them so that their front legs are slightly higher than their rear legs.

I saw a picture of my Fourth GREAT-Grandchild a few days ago! You guys are behind the times. I tend to think that it has something to do with Masculinity and Fertility!!

DOC HARRIS

Now Doc, lets keep this in perspective, it's not like YOU just sired a child. THAT would actually be something to crow about. Possibly even a miracle.

Congrats on the baby!!!!

Both good looking bulls. The first I don't think is that weak topline at all, just the way he is standing. The second may be a little weak. Neither is as bad as the Hereford toplines in the original two Herf pics. Frankly, I've seen very few black Angus bulls in the U.S. that I felt had that much mass and muscle, especially through the rear quarter. If it will even things out for you Angus guys, I'll also say that there are very few U.S. Herefords that will stack up to Knersie's.

BTW, congrats on all the babies etc.

I think Doc is pointing out that he had the prepotency to pass his fertility on down to the the succeeding generations?

I like both but if given the choice I would pick Payé over Caraí- Guazú as he seems to be more a complete & total package. For photos you could try one with the head down maybe eating some grain off the ground or maybe even try standing the front legs on a block to wedge the front like they do with dairy cattle. Would like to see your red angus again in a more natural head position & maybe even from a different angle see what they look like from a 3/4 angle shot

quote[I think Doc is pointing out that he had the prepotency to pass his fertility on down to the the succeeding generations?greenwillowhereford II ]PREPOTENCY! YES!!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":8v8l06bq said:
quote[I think Doc is pointing out that he had the prepotency to pass his fertility on down to the the succeeding generations?greenwillowhereford II ]PREPOTENCY! YES!!

DOC HARRIS

What about Doc's POTENCY? ;-)

KNERSIE":ppi9sxa7 said:
DOC HARRIS":ppi9sxa7 said:

DOC HARRIS

What about Doc's POTENCY? ;-)
Hmmmm-

If I remember - - - yes - - I gave that ALL away to my sons 60 - 63 years ago! It's a sad commentary on old age!

On the other hand - - - - -! :banana: :banana: :clap: :nod:

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts