Another Ugly Ole Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

redfornow

Reaction score
photo_1.jpg

Due in jan with a SHF PROGRESS P20 calf.
Her numbers are; for those that are interested...
CE-2.9 BW+5.0 WW+48 YW+76 M+18

SASSY.jpg

This is one of her daughters a p606 heifer. She is at about day 170 or so with a durango bull calf that weaned 550 with no creep at 205. They are easy keepers although they dont raise the biggest they do hold together in hard conditions and bring back a solid calf.
Not a good pic at all, it was late getting dark. I just wanted to show condition. No feed, only fescue on nontillable land. The true back forty. lol

Cleaned the pic up a little so I could see how this P606 heifer looked, so I figured I'd post it. He is the sire of the dam of my herd bull, so it adds a little more interest for me. She looks good, a nice rib and better hip structure than momma. Nice heifer.

SASSY1.jpg

My Durango calves kicked butt also - no pics - they sold first and are gone

Guess need to use him three years to get some to retain - appreciate you sharing

I agree 100% UUUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY if I was you I would send her down here to me so you wouldn't have to look at her then I could breed her to a UGLY Angus bull and then we would have some Ugly black baldy calves or would they be black herefords :lol:
Nice cow

I am surprised at the amount of bone on the P606 heifer, the few I have seen didn't have nearly as much.

Both are pretty good cows, but I agree with rocket2222 the heifer is my pick as well. If I remember correctly you used P606 quite a bit, do you have photos of others as well that you're willing to share? They look the right kind to me.

Angus Cowman":1fg53skx said:
I agree 100% UUUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY if I was you I would send her down here to me so you wouldn't have to look at her then I could breed her to a UGLY Angus bull and then we would have some Ugly black baldy calves or would they be black herefords :lol:
Nice cow
They might be/could be half red angus. :shock: :p

KNERSIE":2jix8nta said:
I am surprised at the amount of bone on the P606 heifer, the few I have seen didn't have nearly as much.

Both are pretty good cows, but I agree with rocket2222 the heifer is my pick as well. If I remember correctly you used P606 quite a bit, do you have photos of others as well that you're willing to share? They look the right kind to me.

tupelo.jpg

This is the same heifer above with a durango calf on side. 70 lb BW and has grown like a weed. Alot of white if that bothers you?

Most of my 606 heifers are gone to another farm. I will be getting them back in a month or so...
The calf below is 9 months in the picture and will be bred to durango in a few months.
I have been pleased so far.
Great udders, easy keepers, moderate cows that raise a nice calf.

maggie.jpg

as you can tell pictures aint my thing?????

baxter78":1436btyc said:
She is definitely a pos. Let me take her off your hands for ya. Id breed her to my maine bull and get me a black baldy.

Done that myself a time or two.... :cowboy:

red, I'm glad to see that you've posted some pictures of your "ugly" ole Herefords! :tiphat:

redfornow":2awqaeq8 said:

I'm also relieved to see that there's someone who MIGHT be more inept with a camera than I am! :lol:

Nice cattle whose qualities show regardless of your picture taking ability.

George

Herefords.US":142jhrt5 said:
red, I'm glad to see that you've posted some pictures of your "ugly" ole Herefords! :tiphat:

redfornow":142jhrt5 said:

I'm also relieved to see that there's someone who MIGHT be more inept with a camera than I am! :lol:

Nice cattle whose qualities show regardless of your picture taking ability.

George

I am sad with a camera! :dunce:
And even worse setting a cow or bull up for a pic...
There is even some of that dreaded canadain breeding in them there cows?

Oh well?

Thanks George, but they are better in real life....

Latest posts