another successful year

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes

Reaction score
IMG_2382_1.jpg

IMG_2420_1.jpg

IMG_2377_1.jpg

Okay, so I've been a little busy with the patch this fall. We had a great season that is winding down fast, very few carving punkins left. Been so busy that I forgot my password and yada, yada, yada, just decided to do a new user. Ironically, I had 999 posts on my other name, I wasn't trying to copy Bez either :D
In the last pic I have a couple big punkins, the tall one weighed 82#, my personal best for a jack o lantern. The other was around 60#, lots that size. The corn maze was a bust, we have had so much rain this fall we can barely get any crop work done and the fields is always wet. The popcorn looks good but won't get done for quite a while yet, we have a day of soybeans to harvest yet, then on to corn.
I'm having a wine tasting in a couple weeks so I have to get the shop cleared out for that. We had moved all the punkins inside on Oct 10 b/c it was 20* at night for a week and that is not good for punkins. I've got a cool pic of it, but ranchers won't let me upload it. maybe later.

Very nice pictures. It seems like pumpkins are getting more popular every year.

combined the popcorn last Friday. better crop than I expected as the stand was poor, but each stalk had 1 1/2 - 2 ears on it. It's about 21% moisture so it'll take time to dry down. It's so pretty and shiny when it's just combined. It's always the last thing harvested on the farm, so that means we are done for the year! Yeah! this was the longest harvest we have ever had. We got virtually nothing done in October (20 days of measurable rain) so November was busy! All safe and sound too!

Latest posts