Another shot dead by Mpls police

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a segment within the community calling the verdict blatantly unfair and biased against
officer Noor based on the victim being white and his religion. Their activists are planning a rally.
Though it shouldn't matter the sargent mentioned above was white and the jury of 12 who reach the
unanimous decision included 6 persons of color, 2 of whom were musilm and a buddhist.

Take it for what it's worth, I don't feel Noor shot her just for the pleasure of killing her. There's some things in life where sorry just doesn't cut it, and this is one of those.

3rd degree murder is an almost unheard of charge and verdict.
It is my understanding it finds that he intentionally pulled the trigger, but a lesser degree with
intent to murder due extenuating circumstances agitating his state of mind when he decided to fire.

Noor should have never been a policeman, probably got hired to fill a quota. Should have been given a desk job.

ga.prime said:
Noor should have never been a policeman, probably got hired to fill a quota. Should have been given a desk job.
He was recruited and fast tracked in a special program with a goal of increasing Mpls police force
diversity on the streets asap. It appeared to back fire as the lesbian chief of police was fired...
making the police force even less diverse.

Now they have to try to find a lesbian, Smolian, muslim police officer all because they allowed him to carry a bullet for his gun.

update:

Muhamed Noor was sentenced today, sentencing guidelines called for 11-15 years in prison.
He received 12 1/2 years and he will be eligible for parole in 8 yrs 4 months in 2027.

IF I were the judge: 11 yrs with parole after 7 yrs 4 months.
Incarcerating him beyond 7.33 years serves no real purpose and only costs taxpayers more.

IMO - sentences longer than 6 yrs for crimes without intent risks creating more resentment and
bitterness upon release which makes return to society in a good state of mind more difficult.

The city of Minneapolis settled out of court with Justine's family for 22 million dollars.

I think the sentence was more fair than we see most of the time in these type shootings.
What's another year of taxpayer payout for prison time when viewed as the taxpayer paying the $22 million settlement..at very least, the taxpayer boots the bill for the city's liability insurance.
IMO, the shooter should have had to pay a good part of that financial settlement, but I also realize that isn't how it works.

Son of Butch said:
update:

Muhamed Noor was sentenced today, sentencing guidelines called for 11-15 years in prison.
He received 12 1/2 years and he will be eligible for parole in 8 yrs 4 months in 2027.

Incarcerating him beyond 7.33 years serves no real purpose and only costs taxpayers more.

IMO - sentences longer than 6 yrs for crimes without intent risks creating more resentment and
bitterness upon release which makes return to society in a good state of mind more difficult.

The city of Minneapolis settled out of court with Justine's family for 22 million dollars.
Last week Mohamed Noor age 33 was transferred from Mn prison to North Dakota prison due
to concerns regarding his safety. He is scheduled to be released August 30, 2027.

Son of Butch said:
update:

Seems to me he has already displayed a level of resentment and a negative state of mind in shooting an unarmed woman. IMO, who gives a rats ____ about his state of mind. He took an oath to serve and protect, and instead he chose to shoot without any attempt to clarify a situation.

This is a red herring. It is completely irrelevant to his sentencing /punishment. I doubt her family feels it compensates them for their loss.

Carpenter2n said:
Son of Butch said:

I doubt her family feels it compensates them for their loss.
I'm not as qualified as you in determining a family's feelings about monetary compensation.
Given her career earning potential of less than 1 million net, it was at least 4 times too high.
IF cash settlements compensating families make no difference to them...
Why do they pursue it, bother cashing the check, or fight with her fiancee over who gets how much?

As I said, the settlement is irrelevant to his sentencing. Or does the great state of MN allow that as evidence during the sentencing phase? I said I doubted that the family feels compensated for her loss. But hey, maybe they truly are completely heartless SOB's who are able to boil down the value of her life to nothing more than an actuarial table. That seems to be how you value her life. Would you feel the same if it were your loved one who is DEAD because of this guys ----poor attitude?
Do we really need to discuss the number of bloodsucking lawyers beating down their door to sue the city? (No not all lawyers are bloodsucking, but there are bunches of them out there!)

Carpenter2n said:
heartless SOB's.... to boil down the value of her life to nothing more than an actuarial table.
That's what monetary compensation is for...
at least until you or Dr Frankenstein can reanimate life or come up with a better solution.

"Life isn't fair." - former president Jimmy Carter
Many very sad things happen daily and few ever receive any compensation.
22 million to the parents of a 40+ yr old adult in an out of court settlement is more than generous.
No children, so no child support or reoccurring medical expenses as in many cases.
20 million wasn't enough? had to have the extra 2 million... because?? ... it's only money???

In the end, if you let them in, sooner or later, you will have to deal with them.

Try walking around some of these places as a white woman after dark and in a short skirt.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/06/27/most-and-least-muslim-states_n_1626144.html

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=islam+attacks+christians+in+Ameriuca&qpvt=islam+attacks+christians+in+Ameriuca&FORM=VDRE

A lot of this is heavily censored by your own media.

Canada is getting bad as well.

Out of this one now as my experiences will likely cause any comments to be censored from here on in.

Best to all.

Son of Butch said:
Carpenter2n said:
Son of Butch said:

I'm not as qualified as you in determining a family's feelings about monetary compensation.
Given her career earning potential of less than 1 million net, it was at least 4 times too high.
Why do they pursue it, bother cashing the check, or fight with her fiancee over who gets how much?

If you are going to go to the extreme of deciding the settlement value based on her personal lifetime earnings that were lost, then you must also sentence her murderer to prison 1 for 1 for the years of her life lost.

Good idea greybeard.
Only 3rd degree murder, so why not 4 months for each year?
40 years x 4m = 160 months = 13 years 4 months which is about the sentence he received.
Under Minnesota sentencing guidelines circumstances including age of victim already are included
as part of the formula in determining the length of sentence.

Damages calculated on monetary compensation including out of pocket expenses, loss of earnings
and pain/suffering already is long time precedent.

22 million dollar settlement???
The mind is no match with the heart in persuasion.

Son of Butch said:
Carpenter2n said:
Son of Butch said:

The offender doesn't pay the damages..the taxpayer does. What the taxpayer's attorneys agree to do has no bearing on the sentence handed down to the offender. The sentence is for criminal acts..the settlement is a civil matter. Ne'er the twain shall meet.

Yup and I don't know how the 2 (civil and criminal) got connected as it was an UPDATE
as to results, which I post in separate paragraphs. Some just hear what they want to hear.

Son of Butch said:
Good idea greybeard.
Only 3rd degree murder, so why not 4 months for each year?

Why not year for year?
She isn't going to have fewer years as a dead person just because of words on a piece of paper.
If she was going to live for another 40 years, then that is what his sentence should be.

It ain't like she's going to come back to life after he's done his piddly little amount of time and I don't give one rat's ass about his 'bitterness, state of mind upon release, or resentment'.
Shoulda thought about that before he decided to pull the trigger.