Another School Shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591":18nvec1v said:
Bright Raven":18nvec1v said:
Just watched it on evening news. Male and a female shot. No victims was killed.

...and the shooter was stopped with a gun.

Also, on the news tonight...

Kentucky just introduced a bill that allows retired law enforcement personnel to work as armed resource officers in schools as part time employees of the school system and exempts the positions from fringe benefit payments to make them more affordable to the county school systems.

Hear hear!

"The superintendent praised Deputy Gaskill's response to the active-shooter incident, but said they faced an uphill battle at the school.

"It looks like the SRO did exactly what the SRO was supposed to do
"

"Ultimately, investigators will have to determine whether the school resource officer's bullet killed Rollins, or if the gunman's fatal wound was self-inflicted. Sheriff Cameron said they don't yet know whether Rollins shot at Deputy Gaskill, or at himself."

Have they determined if it was a suicide yet?

TennesseeTuxedo":2xxyp324 said:
"Ultimately, investigators will have to determine whether the school resource officer's bullet killed Rollins, or if the gunman's fatal wound was self-inflicted. Sheriff Cameron said they don't yet know whether Rollins shot at Deputy Gaskill, or at himself."

Who cares, it's the results that matter.

TennesseeTuxedo":2v0ak47t said:

The third round was the suicide round. :lol2:

True Grit Farms":n7qwwkqo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":n7qwwkqo said:

Facts matter.

It has kind of went silent on the news.

What more laws would have stopped this? I read it is very difficult to buy a hand gun in Maryland and have to be 21 to possess.

TennesseeTuxedo":2zfrx6i2 said:
True Grit Farms":2zfrx6i2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2zfrx6i2 said:

Facts matter.

not to liberals.

danl":3gd7ew9x said:
It has kind of went silent on the news.

What more laws would have stopped this? I read it is very difficult to buy a hand gun in Maryland and have to be 21 to possess.

none.

3200 + people die in car accidents EVERYDAY.

We need MORE traffic laws and MORE police out giving tickets! it will surely change it.

I also just read that the Florida shooter only used 10 round magazines. So banning hi capacity magazines is not going to help.

I work with a lady that said "those kind of guns should be illegal".. I showed her a picture of my 10-22 Ruger that I bought 45 years ago. before and after.

Original walnut stock, I put a Blackhawk synthetic tactical stock and a heavy barrel on it and it now looks like an "evil assault weapon" still the same gun. I think I convinced her it was just cosmetic.

danl":3rd5wk5z said:
I also just read that the Florida shooter only used 10 round magazines. So banning hi capacity magazines is not going to help.

I work with a lady that said "those kind of guns should be illegal".. I showed her a picture of my 10-22 Ruger that I bought 45 years ago. before and after.

Original walnut stock, I put a Blackhawk synthetic tactical stock and a heavy barrel on it and it now looks like an "evil assault weapon" still the same gun. I think I convinced her it was just cosmetic.

Lack of education appears to be a common factor amongst anti gun folks. I deal with the same thing with the gals i work with. Regurgitate what was spewed on news or facebook, then when you investigage further, and educate them, they typically arent quite so anti gun. Sound bites that sway the minds of millions.
I have had the tool discussion often. When did a firearm cease being a tool and become exclusively a weapon of destruction? A tool that fed and protected folks for centuries. By protect, I mean from wild animals as well as human predators. It was simply a valuable tool used by many a settler and still is today by many a rancher or farmer. No different then a knife, a 3 lb baby sledge, a screwdriver or any other tool that can quickly and easily be 'converted' to a weapon. The point being, it's not the tool that's the issue. It's the intent of the individual using the tool that determines it's purpose. Why are we not asking the correct questions? For example, what has happened to our youth?
Misinformation abounds. Studies and research are often agenda driven or manipulated to achieve desired results.
Interesting read here...https://www.cato.org/blog/are-mass-shoo ... e-frequent

Just heard on the news that the girl shot in MD has been declared brain dead and her family is going to stop life support. So sad. Glad that the shooter was taken out by the resource officer or even if he shot himself. Need to just shoot them and stop them. Then figure it out from their posts and all that instead of capturing them and then supporting them forever. I have less and less tolerance. Guess we need to do more to instill right and wrong and a sense of respect for one another; but I am tired of all the bs of keeping them in prison forever.

Latest posts