Another school shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
Another shooting today in Florida, thoughts and prayers go out to them families, it's getting pretty sad in these time when it's not even safe to send your kids to school, can't even imagine how the kids felt inside of the school with this going on or the parents outside waiting to see if their kids come out.

haase":p4vzns69 said:
Another shooting today in Florida, thoughts and prayers go out to them families, it's getting pretty sad in these time when it's not even safe to send your kids to school, can't even imagine how the kids felt inside of the school with this going on or the parents outside waiting to see if their kids come out.
Society wouldn't tolerate it from the greatest generation or the boomers from generation X to the snowflakes we have quit calling a mad dog what it is.
Previous generations knew there was only one cure for a mad dog.
There has always been evil we just used to give it a dose of its own medicine. Up to the 80's we killed the mad dogs. Then something happened and killers got more rights than the victims. We also started shutting down or reducing the state mental institutions.

Caustic Burno":mc8bpvdp said:
haase":mc8bpvdp said:
Society wouldn't tolerate it from the greatest generation or the boomers from generation X to the snowflakes we have quit calling a mad dog what it is.
There has always been evil we just used to give it a dose of its own medicine. Up to the 80's we killed the mad dogs. Then something happened and killers got more rights than the victims. We also started shutting down or reducing the state mental institutions.
This news really chills me to the bone. I have a daughter who is a junior in HS and is the main reason I love my life. CB, with all due respect, there was plenty of shootings in previous generations, but one big difference is the availability now of firearms designed to kill in such high numbers. I am a proud gun owner but I think it is way to easy for any idiot to get a gun capable of doing what this idiot did today. Call me a liberal, but if I was face to face with the guy that did this shooting today I would not hesitate to end his life.

I have four granddaughters in HS.
Guns were available heck we brought them to school. Our moral fabric has been torn off and thrown away.
I don't deny evil events in past generations the worst school massacre was Bath Mi. in the 20's. As scary as some kid toting an AR a pump shotgun properly set up loaded with # 4 buck terrifies me, it never comes out of the fight. These perpetrators should be publicly hung quickly in the court house square for all to see.

Ohiosteve, you aren't liberal or conservative; CB is right. we have no moral fiber and if I were to be in a place and saw someone randomly shooting, I would also not hesitate to shoot and stop them permanently also. Maybe we do need to do more with mental health, but we have got to stop finding "excuses" for all these "poor misunderstood people" who have had a tough life or who were disciplined or laid off or fired or kicked out of school.
I think they should be shot on the courthouse square so that the next one might think twice.

There are multiple issues going on that require multiple solutions.

Short term... how incompetent of a school is still allowing people to walk in with guns? Seriously if you have kids in school go inspect their campuses. Even our population 2K county has locked doors at the school and brings every one in thru multiple doors by personell. They also added doors to section off wings if there is an incident. You don't even know it until some one walks you thru the design.

Mid-term... stop giving these people media attention. That is all these freaks want. They want the media to show minute by minute coverage so they get their two seconds of fame.

Long term... we have to address the mental health of these people. Why do these people go at the weakest and most vulnerable in our society? They are screwed up in the head. We have to address the mental health issue in this country. Why are these people going in to school and not malls or businesses? (because the media doesn't cover that)

ohiosteve":3sluxx47 said:
Caustic Burno":3sluxx47 said:
haase":3sluxx47 said:
This news really chills me to the bone. I have a daughter who is a junior in HS and is the main reason I love my life. CB, with all due respect, there was plenty of shootings in previous generations, but one big difference is the availability now of firearms designed to kill in such high numbers. I am a proud gun owner but I think it is way to easy for any idiot to get a gun capable of doing what this idiot did today. Call me a liberal, but if I was face to face with the guy that did this shooting today I would not hesitate to end his life.

This is very emotional for all parents with kids in school but you have to seperate emotion from logic.

The statement you made is straight from the media propaganda handbook. It's not actually based in truth. Don't take my word for it. Do your own research. We currently have the strictest gun laws around guns that we have had in the last 75 years but yet the shootings keep happening more and more often. It's actually an inverse correlation to what you said.

These people doing these shootings are game boy rookies. A trained person with a basic firearm like a revolver, or lever action, or home made bomb could inflict exponential more casualties. Don't get sucked in to these politicians bs that if we ban this gun it will solve the problem but we can leave these guns legal. Thats just a ridiculous theory. It's straight propaganda.

Research the effects of a lot of these medications being handed out. They are playing games with people's brain functions. I've seen this with my own family. These Drs start handing out pills and just turn these people out in to the world. You will never see a politician point that way because thr pharmaceutical industry has way too strong of a hold.

We still have a mental health problem in this country no one wants to deal with. This thinking in our schools goes back to our inclusion society and all students are equal. The wanting equality at the finish line versus the starting line doesn't work.

Shame of it all I think we have gone past the point of no return with the indoctrination by the media and public school system.

Until we are ready to place children with their peers by class through testing again, I see no hope of improvement.

The dilemma reaches beyond schools. Mass shootings are occurring in the US on a more frequent basis and there is no venue that is exempt. Not school, not church, not driving down the Interstate. I think it is a function of mental Illness otherwise - why does a shooter go out on an Interstate and randomly shoot people driving by that he has absolutely no relationship with. No one is safe. The only consolation is that there is safety in numbers. Like a herd of Impala being attacked by the lion. Your only chance of survival is that he will shoot someone else and not you.

I am with CB. We had guns around back in the day. Drove to school with them hanging in the truck.

Kids have changed, and not for the better.

I don't know why they have changed. A million reasons I am sure. They all add up to a bad thing. Ain't getting better.

There is a very significant common denominator - almost 100 per cent of mass shootings are performed by a male.

Caustic Burno":3lmquk6t said:
Bright Raven":3lmquk6t said:
There is a very significant common denominator - almost 100 per cent of mass shootings are performed by a male.

And most gave off warning signs.
Another common denominator is most are young males.

Yes. Almost every single one you read about indicate there were warning signs.

Caustic Burno":3fxf4i5e said:
There is a problem in itself parents, teachers or their peers let it go.

I have wondered about that. A teacher probably observes a warning sign - Do they report those? If they do, what are the authorities limitations under a free society to do anything without violating someone's rights?

My thought when I heard the news is.......

What is wrong with our education system that makes so many young men want to go back and kill everyone in it?

society wants to blame guns....guns are just tools...there are many ways to kill mass numbers of people as our islamic friends demonstrate with entirely too much regularity...

with them the motivation is easy....they hate the infidel and desire to kill us all...

but what is the motivation of these young men who perpetrate these evil deeds...what drives them to it?

pdfangus":d2fx9jq5 said:
My thought when I heard the news is.......

What is wrong with our education system that makes so many young men want to go back and kill everyone in it?

society wants to blame guns....guns are just tools...there are many ways to kill mass numbers of people as our islamic friends demonstrate with entirely too much regularity...

with them the motivation is easy....they hate the infidel and desire to kill us all...

but what is the motivation of these young men who perpetrate these evil deeds...what drives them to it?

Mental illness. That is too easy. No one sane conducts mass shootings.

The motives are all mental - including acts of retribution, low esteem, frustration, insecurity, anxiety - a whole concoction of mental terminology.

Bright Raven":32cr5fq0 said:
Caustic Burno":32cr5fq0 said:
There is a problem in itself parents, teachers or their peers let it go.

I have wondered about that. A teacher probably observes a warning sign - Do they report those? If they do, what are the authorities limitations under a free society to do anything without violating someone's rights?

That's what's known as a conundrum.
The tree of Liberty is watered with blood good and evil.
Are we ever going to stop evil events, of course not. But as a society we took the wrong fork in the road in the last couple generations.
Civil discourse isn't even civil anymore.

Latest posts